Thwarting Bank Robbers

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by bencole, Apr 11, 2007.

1. bencole

bencole Valued Member

I am all for unbalancing the opponent. This one takes the cake! ;)

Scott Taffera sensed something was wrong when a man walked into the Ballard bank branch he manages wearing garden gloves, a hat and sunglasses.

But instead of following the nonconfrontational strategy used by most banks with suspicious people, Taffera approached the man with a hearty greeting and an offer to help. He invited him to remove his hat and sunglasses, and guided him to an equally bubbly teller.

In the end, the oddly dressed man requested a roll of quarters before slinking out the door.

This new approach toward suspected bank robbers — dubbed by one FBI agent as "customer service on steroids" — may be one reason for a significant drop in bank robberies in the Seattle area.

Source: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003661713_safecatch11m.html

-ben

2. seattletcj

seattletcj Valued Member

LoL
    Good. Thats my bank.
    seriously.

3. maf

maf Valued Member

Thats exactly the same way we treated suspected shop lifters when i used to work for GAP, it unerves them something rotten, the shop lifters are so used to to the sneaky hang around technique or the big bull security guard that when when you walk up with a smile on your face and just be overly helpfull they can't stand it. It was so much fun killing with kindness (there intent that is).

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

wow.
    They had Ninjas working as security in the GAP retail stores?!

LOL! :D

Ninjas in khaki!

5. maf

maf Valued Member

i was'nt security just delt with the visuals (pretended to be a clothes dummy most of the time-you do less work then), hiding in plain sight, we don't all have to where black, white t-shirt and jeans was my GAP camo. lol :)

6. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

as long as you weren't hiding near the ladies changing rooms! :D

7. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Or having the security cameras pointing in that direction.... :eek: :D

8. maf

maf Valued Member

being the only straight guy in the shop, i wish they had been focused on the ladies changing rooms. :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

I'm never going in Top Man again! :eek: