Thoughts led astray

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

Geez, you're so insensitive. Do you always act that way when a would-rather-not-say confesses their love to you? :p

2. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Heck. It's nearly 1 a.m., the streets are deserted, I am on the roof of the house. A band's playing Pink Floyd somewhere in town and wild dogs are barking and, hell, I find myself wondering about the mysteries of universe and human mind.
    Educational indeed.

3. ned

ned Valued Member

Dark side of the moon? shine on you crazy diamond?animals?

4. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Money. Then they stopped and I had Vivaldi on my mp3 keep me company. :evil:

5. Starsky

Starsky Valued Member

I usually have these thoughts on my commute to work.

I used to play a game to pass the time car and people watching. I noticed the types of people (how they were dressed, how well goormed or unkempt they were) and compared those to the cars / status symbols they were driving. It struck me as absurd how much importance people attach to things as if driving a particular type of car communicated something important about them.

Conclusion: nothing has any inherent meaning save for the meaning we attach to it ourselves.

6. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

Well generally the kind of torture the U.S. engages in is a lot milder than what used to be engaged in; though in some ways its more insidious even if it is not as obviously brutal.

Sure it won't break you in 5 minutes, but that process can go on for years because its designed not to show any physical signs and ensure that you don't die in a months time. Most ordinary people struggle to make it through 48 hours of that kind of treatment and certain "experts" (I hate using that term because it's practically an appeal to authority in itself, but ho hum here we go) argue that over an extended period of time it's pretty much guaranteed to turn your mind to mush.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCUzHnVeI10"]Torture -The Guantanamo Guidebook - YouTube[/ame]

Incidently it gives me an excuse to post this song... see if you can spot the relevance! :p
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTMWgOduFM"]Pulp - Common People - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: May 9, 2014