Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

The floor, also known as: "The Biggest Shelf" in any home.

2. Ero-Sennin

So since I have been boosting my level of general physical activity on top of my MA training and workouts, my body is under a little more stress on a constant basis lately and sometimes I get a wave of "ugh, screw life."

While I was at school I was walking the most inconvenient route possible to my next class to help boost my step count for the day, I got one of those waves of frustration so I thought I would take a few long, deep breaths to help me relax. Conveniently, I got a fresh slap in the face because upon my first deep inhale through my nose I was walking by what I guess was a busted sewage pipe. While I had to control my gag reflex from taking in a huge whiff of sewage . . . I couldn't help but laugh at the situation. Life is funny sometimes.

Sure would be nice if other people posted in this thread too. This thread is turning into my "off topic" log :p

3. Ero-Sennin

Hey! Want to know what's a GREAT idea? A professor assigning an actual test online through the schools website! Only if that website TIMESOUT and boots you from the test, then tells you that you can't go back to it because you "completed it."

What's even better is when you call the IT Hotline for that website that operates 24/7 doesn't work so you can't get a verification # for proof.

God help the people I have to go complain to if I get told I can't make up this test.

4. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Just don't use your Te Djinn YellowBamboo Guided Chaos Double Dream Hand on them. It wouldn't be right. Open hand slaps only. Or just show 'em your "war face".
    :D :evil: :woo:

5. komuso

komuso Valued Member

I dont think two hours of sleep is really enough. Actually, my thought for the day is that I KNOW two hours of sleep really isn't enough.

paul

6. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I always imagined my life as a journey from point A to point B. I never thought that the journey in and of itself is as important, perhaps more so, than the destination.

7. Ero-Sennin

A good story is judged by how it reached its conclusion, not the conclusion itself!

8. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Ero, have you ever listen to an awesome song, or watched a great movie, but the ending sucked and you didn't like it as much afterwards? The conclusion pretty important. :hat:

We're all working towards something, I hope the conclusion to my story is good :p

9. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

a random thought: knowledge is not power. knowledge is potential.

10. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

But if you whack someone with an encyclopedia...

11. Ero-Sennin

Yes I have! A recent example would be Django Unchained. Not only did I feel it was an epically cliche/boring ending (which I hate), but it was obvious as well. However, I did enjoy the process of the story immensely. I'm hardly ever surprised or happy with the conclusion to a story now-a-days to be honest.

It's all relative though :cool:

12. Fish Of Doom

YOU HERETIC!!!

13. Rand86

Case in point. :D

14. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Game of Thrones.

15. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

If you're going to dish out gym/lifting advice don't then work to failure without asking for a spot. Running to your aid is not a good look.

16. Rand86

Never, ever, under any circumstances put stuff "somewhere it'll be easy to find later." Because it won't be.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  17. Fish Of Doom

observation: the quality of my sleep seems to have a direct correlation with how elaborate my dreams are. anyone else get the same thing?

18. Ero-Sennin

Light sparring means that you will not be hit with enough power to do any serious damage or bruising to your body.

If you end up getting hit a lot during light sparring, that does not mean that light sparring has transitioned into hard sparring. It means you suck. If we were going hard and you were getting hit that much, you would probably get knocked out.

So drop your ego that is getting bruised from getting punched (lightly) a bunch of times which is causing you to turn light sparring into hard sparring. That's why you walked away from the sparring session with the left side of your face throbbing and a serious bruise on your forehead. Do you know how hard you have to get hit on the forehead with 16oz gloves to get a bruise on your forehead? Pretty friggen hard, and the only reason you got hit like that was because you were attacking at 100% and left no other option for the other guy but to tag you in order to calm you down.

/end rant.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  19. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Do what you can, but do something, surprise yourself

20. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

although perfect practice makes perfect, ambitious practice fulfils ambitions.