Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

WTHeck Moment: Episode 1

Had some errands to run this morning and decided to get a quick workout session in at the boxing gym since it was near the last stop I had to make. I haven't slept in nearly 24 hours now, so I only got some rope work and double end bag work in. My coordination was suffering immensely and I have lash marks on my body from the jump rope to prove it. So after about 45 minutes I call it quits and head out into the parking lot. I get confronted by some random dude.

Now the boxing gym is in an outside mall sort of deal, but it's an industrial area. There are a lot of working vans out in the parking lot and people are walking back and forth loading things so I thought this guy was one of them. As I'm putting my gear in the trunk of my car he starts walking towards me asking me if I do boxing. This is how the conversation went:

Dude: Hey man, do you do boxing here?
    Me: Yeah man, it's right there. What's up?
    Dude: So you punch people in the face?
    Me: Well, that's part of boxing, yeah. I get punched too?
    Dude: That's wrong.
    Me: . . . . Come again?
    Dude: I said that's wrong, it's not right to do that.

So I let this sink in for a few seconds and I won't write my reply to him, but it had to do with my military service and my job during that time and was a pretty big spit in the face comment towards what I guessed was his super peace perspective on life. He looked at me in disgust and started to walk away.

I was pretty ticked off by this. I had a piece of gear I wanted to use an air pump for in the gym before I left so I grabbed it and started walking back into the gym and this guy cuts back and starts walking parallel to me staring at me. Obviously I stared back waiting to see if he was going to do anything, he was well within a few running steps away from me. I get close to the gym and he tells me not to look at him in a voice clearly displaying disgust. I not so kindly told him to go do the equivalent of picking daffodils on MAP when Frodocious edits you, and enter the gym. I relay the story and the owner tells me the guy is sometimes wandering around during the day and that he has mental problems, so I'm guessing he's homeless. I'm very grateful that I was told this because this individual had to be the cleanest homeless man I've ever seen, he really looked like everyone else who was loading vans or working in one of the shops lining the parking lot. As I left the gym the guy starts walking towards me again while I'm at my car and I grabbed a hammer that was sitting on the seat and told him to go away and I didn't have anything to say to him. Thankfully he went away.

While I was initially ticked off because I thought I had run into one of those people who believe in absolutely no form of violence and decided to confront me because I boxed, I can't really hold the same standard of expectation to him that I would of an individual in their right mind so I really can't stay mad at the dude. Thankfully nothing happened from the situation and I hope the dude gets to eat tonight.

/End of WTHeck Moment

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
  2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

This was in your hometown? I know we talked about boxing gyms here in Alexandria. Just curious.

3. Ero-Sennin

I'm on a roll lately for unintentionally posting things that needed to be edited. I'll put in WTH from now on : P. Sorry about that.

It's not the area I live but further north where the city/suburb area starts dwindling. Donte's Boxing Gym is the name if you feel like giving it a search (I had to clean my PM box and can't remember if I relayed that info. to you!). There are a few homeless people in the gym area, but this is the first time I've had somebody come up to me like this.

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Don't worry about it. I edited for consistency with our policy. Not any sense of outrage. :)

I may be moving in your direction in the not-to-distant future. Always curious.

5. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

it's one of the things that he said.a bushism

6. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Send girls pictures of puppies (LIVE CUTE ONES, you psycho).

Females love puppies.

7. Ero-Sennin

Dude, you are a creeper. :heart:

8. Mangosteen

who doesnt love puppies!

*in reality im sending the puppy pics and compliments to sheer up a friend who has gone through a sexual assault she hasnt told anyone about. i figure they need all the moral support they can get*

9. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Giving a HB9 a middle finger is a really great opener... but dam be fast at the follow up. When it doesnt work your liable for a slap.

Raz

10. Mangosteen

sleep is good. do sleep early

11. Mangosteen

prepare and prepare well.
    dont leave it till finals week

12. Ero-Sennin

That moment at work where you play wrestle with somebody and they decide all of a sudden it's time to go all out without telling you, pick you up to slam you and you twist them around mid-air so they land face first in the dirt because they don't know what they're doing. :D

13. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Pain instructs or it brings more pain.

I learned that in Boot Camp.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  14. Ero-Sennin

Sometimes you really just have to have faith when buying equipment for sparring. Everyone is a gosh darn expert on the internet with their reviews of this glove or that one, this head gear or another one. My favorite tonight was a guy who wrote a review telling some kid he shouldn't spar unless he wanted to compete, and then posted a picture of him after a nose surgery because somebody broke his nose sparring (boxing). "You don't want to end up like this unless you're going to fight!"

Clearly this guy believes that tucking in your chin so your nose/face isn't out in the open at a straight angle, and bobbing/weaving is for pansies. Wish I could be a real tough guy like him.

15. Mangosteen

Someone I know has recently passed away.

If there's something you want, then do it. There's no perfect moment.

16. avangeline

avangeline Banned Banned

You can Google the word frenulum with your search engine set to return images only and the parental filter to off.

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What a bizarre opening post.
    Anyway....

Why is it that no matter what locker you get at the gym there will always be a naked old guy drying his plums when you get back from working out?

Answer that science!

18. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Well, that goes without saying, right?

(yeah, I'm still around - but only to post pointless crap, promise)

19. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Stop getting changed by the mirrors.....

20. Ero-Sennin

I'm down in FL right now working before I start school in DC, and finally got into a gym and went before work around 4AM this morning. There was one guy who was naked when I came in to change clothing for work after the workout and you could just smell how sour this guys balls were. It was pretty rough.

The smell of sour balls is never a good thing.