Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Today I competed in my first Tae Kwon Do competition since my hip surgery last November. I didn't get past the first round in any event I entered. But I'm just happy to have been back on the competition circuit, especially as I was told I should probably retire from martial arts altogether (well, except for Tai Chi). Small victories and all that.

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Why do young people think that traveling the world's tourist spots makes them "worldly" and experienced, or a traveler. You're just a vacationer, who went to different protected bubbles that cater to vacations. You didn't really experience anything at all.

3. Ero-Sennin

So the package was to arrive today and I hadn't heard anything from my friend, so I text her asking if she got a package. "Oh crap lemme' check" was the reply. Twenty minutes later I ask again and I can tell she's annoyed and she tells me "hold on a minute, I'll get to it." -_-

Maybe ten minutes later my phone starts blowing up with all caps and phrases I can't post on MAP. She's pretty ecstatic about it : D. I'm glad she didn't catch on when I was asking questions about the product to her making it seem like I wanted to buy something for myself.

The best part is how much she appreciates it and how that makes me feel ^_^. Also, it's a lot nicer doing something for somebody who appreciates it, rather than what I'm generally used to : P

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Some good ones...

5. Ero-Sennin

Playing this on loud speakers in my parent's home while my mom is in the shower. Can't wait until she comes out and hears it xD

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gSJW3sHXE"]Actual Audio from Donald Trump Rally - YouTube[/ame]

6. Ero-Sennin

It's only 6am at the time of posting this. I just got done with a three mile walk. I did squats yesterday and nothing short of an entire animal carcass will satisfy my hunger.

So I fired up the grill and am cooking some beef bratwurst sausages. Today's a high activity day for weight loss, so I'll probably eat all five of them. I hope I wake my neighbors up since everytime I go outside their damn dog pounds they keep bark at me, and I'm barking really loudly in return to make them go extra crazy.

Squats . . . . they make you insane.

7. Ero-Sennin

I had a date the other night. Took her out on a picnic then got some coffee. She was vegan and I prepared an entirely vegan meal which cost about $60, then I bought an actual picnic basket for $40, and a plaid quilt which was $150. So the picnic cost $250.00, plus I got some decent clothes.

It costs more to do something you have to put effort into than it does just going to a fancy restaurant >: O

I also wish Rated Red were still around because I kid you not, the woman I went out on a date with did Ballet for nine years xD

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm working in Berlin this week, which has been nothing but bratwurst and ballet. :D

Hope the date went well bud.

9. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Ballerinas make great girlfriends if you can find a good one. <3 :)

10. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I found a pretty sweet and cheap gym about 20 km away from my house last night. It's got tons of free weights, an area for doing body weight stuff with equipment for pretending you do crossfit, machines, a small floor with cardio stuff and best of all....a small wall for climbing. And all for 24 euros a month if you pay up for 12 months, 29 if you pay monthly.

I'm working part time at the moment so wondered about the travel costs, but the local gyms are more expensive (about 40 and 50 euros a month + travelling).

I get "exercise vouchers" from work (common here), and have enough to pretty much pay for a years membership. So I think I will join up next week and finally get exercising after a huge break. I can now post annoying motivational memes on all my social media things and generally act like an obnoxious elitist ****!

#whatsyourexcuse

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  11. Ero-Sennin

So, I had a pretty crazy dream lastnight.

In it, for some reason my ex wife did something that caused me to murder her. However, it wasn't something morally justifiable by my own internal morality, so I felt SUPER guilty about it. The rest of the dream entailed me planning out how to get rid of the body while wondering if I could live with what I did, and how I couldn't talk to whomever I was talking to romantically at the time anymore.

I jolted myself awake telling myself that it was just a dream.

Most people have nightmares that terrify them, I have ones that make me feel really guilty . . . . . what the hell man.

At least I know I'm not a sociopath?

12. Ero-Sennin

So mad I didn't get to #Crisco the fornication thread. :mad::mad::mad:

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Checking MAP for one of your Crisco quotes has become one of my daily rituals. :D

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

The swear filter can be edited to substitute certain letters in a word.

We usually replace the entire word with an asterisk, so maybe we should add Crisco and swap the letters for something else, Mitch, for example.

Yeah that works.

Maybe we could change it to Van Zandt.

Think of the possibilities.

We all know Ero-Sennin would like to cover himself in...

Never mind. :D

15. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I'm upset that I couldn't link to some of my favorite studies on human reproduction. :[

16. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Man, you used to be cool :cry:

17. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Ah, don't worry, I gave the tickets away to someone whose need was greater than mine. So it's working out in the house with KBs, DBs, and a pull up bar instead of a fancy gym. And there'll be no memes.

I hope I get karma points.

--------

Besides DBMA I really don't watch martial arts competitions, matches, fights, whatever. I also like watching a bit of MT now and again, but I sometimes feel that the fighters often stand there and trade blow for blow (yeah I know it's more complex than that), so when I want to watch a bit of a punch up I turn to boxe française. I really like the movement and nimbleness of the savateurs and the whip like kicks are beautiful to see.

I still don't understand why the art is not more popular.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWfhSHa2_uI"]Championnats de France Savate 2015 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  18. Ero-Sennin

I went to a Halloween party on the 29th and I ended up being stuck talking to a woman and an awkward moment of silence occurred as she wasn't the quickest at wit and I didn't really want to talk to her . . . . so I pulled a conversation starter from my hat that would work in any situation!

I asked her if she was going to vote for Trump :p

And then to my dismay she said yes. She then went on to say she voted early because she saw all the violence against Trump voters and she didn't want to get assaulted waiting in line :rolleyes:

So I'm clearly not a Trump supporter, or anyone supporter to be honest as I don't vote (I just pay attention). I did however comment on how my family which is in construction, doesn't like Trump specifically because of his planned bankruptcy on Trump Tower that resulted in him getting his building and all the contractors not getting paid. Her response was that, "well, to me I think anyone would do that. That's just normal."

I was flabbergasted.

My response to her was that my family had actually ended up in Florida because my father decided he wasn't going to claim bankruptcy when a recession hit up north (terrible for a construction company), paid his men and distributors, and lost his business and has been in trouble with the IRS since. I then struck a Captain Morgan pose saying, "so people like that DO exist."

"Being a crappy person to avoid trouble is just normal."

I don't want to live in your world hun . . . . . . . :mad:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  19. Ero-Sennin

That's a mighty nice blue name Philosoraptor!

20. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I saw that.

Has he earned it I wonder. :D