This isn't the same video Mr. Martinez posted, but I would like to hear your opinion.

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by onpoint, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Reading comprehension not your strong suit is it?

2. kalimutan

kalimutan Valued Member

No, it's not, I admit my fault. Chalk up my answers to my poor reading comprehension. Thank you for recognizing that. Oh man, precious... little chimp get all riled up again.

3. Hannibal

Writing cogently clearly not much better.....

4. kalimutan

kalimutan Valued Member

Yeah... that's not going to happen after you've bashed my teacher all around this forum.

5. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Not about your teacher, we know what he taught in the past.

But about recent Tuhons in PTK, remember we're trying to help out Tim Waid break from the clutch of Gaje here, like Tom Bisio in the 80s.

6. kalimutan

kalimutan Valued Member

I'm sure! I don't have the benefit of over 1461 post. I need more practice in this keyboard warrior thing. You seem to be at an expert level.

7. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Hey, Hannibal, will stop badgering my witness?!!!:cool:

8. Hannibal

And counting is not that great either....

9. Hannibal

Withdrawn your honor :)

10. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

If I refresh the homage maybe 10 times within an hour and the thread has jumped from 10 posts to 40+ in that time, and Hannibal's name (among a few others) is up a lot as the most recent poster, I already know what's going on in the thread. :p

11. Hannibal

WAR TAPOUT!!!!!!!

12. kalimutan

kalimutan Valued Member

ha ha ha!

My bad. Damn over 14600! You're like a grandtuhon of keyboard fighting.

13. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

OK, let's do it this way...

My theory on why PTK techniques in the corto range became unpopular recently is that much of this is the result of the blade propaganda propogated in the 90s and early 2000s.

70s, 80s, and early 90s PTK looked much like any other FMA out there, but since assuming the lost blade culture propaganda, focus naturally shifted to just sparring with the ubiquitous ginunting, which means just a bunch of 1s and 2s and moving around a lot.

Somehow the whole art, PTK, became a slave of the blade propaganda and lost its applied corto techniques, and other really cool technical stuff still common among the FMAs.

Although, they found a niche in the blade market, I'd say much was lost and sacrificed along the way, hence every current PTK videos all look alike, and not very technical.

That's why you have people like Kagete, drinking the kool-aid & asking for seconds, asserting that PTK doesn't block.

How's that for a theory. Pretty, close, huh?:rolleyes:

14. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Oh, and by the way, do you personally know this Gem mentioned on the other thread?

15. Hannibal

You say that as if keyboard fighting ability and real world ability are mutually exclusive

Believe me son - they ain't

16. kalimutan

kalimutan Valued Member

You theory is alright, but it is completely off the solar system.

Oh, and PTK doesn't block.

17. kalimutan

kalimutan Valued Member

I'm a non-believer. Show me is my motto.

18. kalimutan

kalimutan Valued Member

I don't know gem at all. Sorry.

19. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Exactly, and that's why you guys lost so much, at least the newer batch. Hopefully, Tim can rectify this, either by approaching Gaje's older students or going back to the Philippines to train with others. But those corto techniques were there before.

20. Hannibal

Oh look - an internet challenge......and you call me a keyboard warrior??

How about showing us who you are first? I am very easy to find yet i see you are safely hiding behind your screename...stange that

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013