This is what steriod abuse does kiddies

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pyro, Oct 27, 2005.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Did someone say old days? :D

Attached Files:

2. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

I think the ideal physique belongs to Serge Nubret. Huge, but symmetrical, athletic and balanced.

Attached Files:

3. Maverick

Maverick New Member

If you mean 'offended' as the same reaction others have to 'low weights high reps tones you' posts, then yeah, I do. But offended is too harsh a word, come on.

I didn't even know who posted it. But yeah, it's dumb and totally irrelevant to discuss how attractive bodybuilders are to women in a thread like this.

4. slipthejab

Is it though?

I don't think so.
    It seems that so many guys that get into bodybuilding and hitting the gym for that exact reason. Often over time their motivations change... but that would have to be one of the most common motivations in the animal world. :D

Not only is it relevant.. it's inevitable.

5. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Vanity is one of the biggest drivers IMHO.

6. slipthejab

Unfortunately I'd have to agree.

7. Combatant

I started because I was skinny, when I built up I stoped caring about being skinny so I focused my efforts on getting strong. I'm reasonably strong now so I am just focusing on getting a bit leaner. So in the end I suppose vanity even plays a big role in my training but its not the be all and end all.

8. slipthejab

Your case is very much a perfect example of the shifting of focus. Started out with one motiviation and then eventually shifted to others. In that case I don't really know that 'vanity' is such a bad thing I guess.

9. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Lol, there's a point to body building?

10. Combatant

Its gotta be the better side of it, theres worse things you can be addicted to and it has only ever helped my life for the better in so many ways.

11. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Well I'd agree that a popular reason people get into bodybuilding is vanity. Other popular reasons being for fun, or because of feelings of insecurity or unhappiness with their body (different to vanity).

But 'a bodybuilder' and Greg Kovacs/Ronnie/Jay etc are pretty different. I don't think the 300lb+ pros do it for vanity, they do it because it's their life.

12. slipthejab

Lol, there's a point to your post?

13. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

No, I don't find them attractive at all. As I 've said, I like Olympic athletes. I find really grotesque body buildes like that on the pictures that you have shown.

I also like football players like Michael Ballack. :D