This is one of the most stupid products EVER for self defense!

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by aaradia, Dec 9, 2017.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Gods, George Takei just posted this in FB as a good idea! And others agreed! I was a voice of dissent.

Jut big enough to tick off an attacker, especially in the hands of an untrained person. Either carry a weapon or don't! But this - this is like some half-assed fake weapon.

People on there posting obviously don't train. They are talking about how a slash could kill someone. Obviously never trying to hit a target against a resisting opponent. The chance of a serious strike with this vs just ticking off your attacker. This makes me so mad!:mad:

People peddling a terrible product, hoping to make money off of women's fear.

Go Guarded | Self Defense for Women

[​IMG]

axelb likes this.
  2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Just learn to punch effectively , honestly this thing is garbage that will only give people a false sense of security.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Whilst I agree it's a terrible Idea, I hate to break it to you, but George doesn't actually post on his Facebook or twitter, it's all done by staff, so it's possible George is doing this for money.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I responded to it....

ToS prevents me repeating

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Yes, strap this on your finger and you are INVINCIBLE!!!!!

But for additional protection for the Woman jogger I recommend the new Female Storm trooper jogging ensemble

[​IMG]

What a load of..... well you know

Dead_pool likes this.
  7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Okay, am I the only one who had to click the link, just to figure out what this thing is supposed to be/ to do? :oops:

Monkey_Magic and Dead_pool like this.
  8. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I thought it looked like one of those things that helps you uncork stuff.

axelb likes this.
  10. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Isn't that just basically reinventing fingernails?

11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

A cork screw / bottle opener?

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  12. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I thought of a knife sharpener :oops::D
    Where you pull the blade through this gap(?).

13. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

You know, since George Takei is involved....maybe it would have ben better if he through his support behind Klingon Boots for Womens SD

[​IMG]

Smitfire, axelb and Simon like this.
  14. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Nope. I was going back and forth on the website for waaaay too long before I understood that the pink part bends/collapses and is just there for looks ... to make it pink. So it's a single pink pokey thing.

Rather reminded me of the rose in "The Little Prince." You know, four sharp thorns to keep away hungry sheep and hungry tigers. Except here, it's just one thorn.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

How do you even use that? If it's worn like a ring then when you make a fist the "claw" will point downwards (with a horizontal fist).
    I see in the picture that you have to flex your fist back to make it prominent and thus, structurally, be all over the place?

16. Hannibal

17. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Exactly! It is cheaply made and not structured properly for the basics of any strike. Even the hand slap shown above. You would have to twist your hand in a way that makes no sense to even try to get that tiny blade to hit. And chances are, you could injure the finger with this apparatus on it, or your wrist, because you aren't structurally sound for any strike. And it is designed in a way where it really wouldn't be able to do more than a minor slice that would just tick off and escalate the actions of any opponent!

18. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Goes to show that, just because someone says they have a law enforcement background, doesn't mean they are going to be knowledgable in SD or MA.

19. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Whaaaa? These are being advertised as self defense products? These were originally called Deep Crisco Rings(TM) and were meant for an entirely different purpose that would violate ToS to write.

20. Hannibal

Sadly very true