This is just insane.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Apr 2, 2010.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Do you try hard to sound like such an ass... or does it come naturally?

Seriously. You have no idea what you're on about. You're belittling someone else based on your own ignorance. About as immature as it gets.

You popped onto the thread... rambled on about roids and have provided nothing substantial to back it up. Judging from most of your posts here at MAP
    in regards to physical conditioning you are severely misinformed on most of the issues. So educate yourself and then come back.

You're fast achieving trolls status. Seriously. Grow up... post less... read more.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  2. iammartialarts

iammartialarts Banned Banned

ya guess ur right

3. slipthejab

at any rate... train more... you will see guys with dedication and hard work making HUGE gains in strength. I train with guys who play high level rugby and are clean as... what they do have is dedication and hard work. These guys work their asses off... they get huge respect for that. This is why the whole 'roids' thing is such a sore point.... it's usually popped off by someone without 1/16th of the dedication and grit it takes to train at a hardcore level. Don't be part of that crowd... life is too short.

4. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

So I assume then that you've got a crazy strength:bodyweight ratio now? How about you show us all some of your superior athleticism, big man?

5. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Just thought I'd point out that some people here don't know much about the actual subject. I'm not agreeing with anyone by this post but I'd just like to point out to some that size does not equal strength. Muscle mass isn't as simple a subject as that. Bodybuilders aim for size - strength is usually a secondary goal. Does this mean they're not strong or powerful? No, but there's a reason you don't see bodybuilders entering the strongmen contests. Also, different kinds of steroids work in different ways, also there are numerous other performance enhancers that do not fall under the hideously over-used term "roids". People can be strong but lack power and vice versa - how does muscle SIZE explain this? Male Gymnasts typically don't have massive muscle mass at rest but once the blood is pumping to the muscles and they're working hard, you'll see the SIZE of their muscles increasing a lot.

As I said, I'm not agreeing with anyone on this post and I'd like to point out that I personally don't know whether or not the guy in this video as, like everyone else here, I don't know him, but I don't really think it looks like he's on roids - jsut a lot of hard work.

6. iammartialarts

i am in no way a powerlifter, but i do have very high explosive power and core strength. I can do the dragon flag and windshield wipers with weight, i have not been working out for a very long time... but i do dedicate myself to it.

Big man? you wouldnt say any of that to my face mr stuart even if you were 4x as big as me.

7. slipthejab

Journey - bro just leave well enough alone and get on with training. Seriously man you can get bogged down in all of this kind of flap too easily on a forum. You seem bright enough... so spend your energy learning and gaining new perspectives.

You will get a hard way to go at MAP in many cases... but roll with the punches and carry on. Worry about your training and just start to post a bit more concisely that's all.

8. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

I'd most certainlt say it to your face despite not being four times your size, and as much as I'm dismayed by some of the silly bull you've posted up on the forum, I don't think you're quite insecure enough to challenge me to fisticuffs over it. Enough of your posturing.

9. iammartialarts

i daresay i am!! everything posted here goes deep within my heart!

10. slipthejab

WOW... I gotta say this thread has become a train wreck.

Sad that it can't be kept to relevant stuff about the vid posted. Some thread drift is fine... but man... there are several threads now with Journey Barber in them and they are all going downhill fast.

Journey barber - come over and join us on this thread here:

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94114

certainly far more productive :p

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Agreed, best leave your ego at the door of that thread though.

12. TheAngle

TheAngle Valued Member

For a regular guy he is strong. For a pro gymnast he is about a 3 or 4 out of 10