This is going to sound really silly, But Is there really such thing as Energy/Ki Ball

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Upgraded, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Upgraded

Upgraded Valued Member

Howdy Everyone

Yes before you ask, I am a very big Dragonballz fan.
    However I am no idiot, Being 19 and just taking up my first Martial art I have done alot of research into which style fits me best. ( Currently it is Uechi-Ryu Karate ).

Anyways I know there's alot of crap on the internet, and I figured rather than ask some 13 year old I'd come here since you guys seem to be the best soure of knowledge for Martial Arts.

My question is has anyone or is it true that Ki/Energy can be formed into a Physical Object/Matter.
    It was very popular in the Anime DBZ, and suddenly the internet was bursting with ' Aikedo ki balls ' and all this other stuff.
    Some Martial artists claim they can do it and you can learn, how to make a physical ball of energy, or even a force from your hand that can hit and launch his enemy several feet.

While im 99.9% sure it's all bullsh!t I just wanted to know everyones opinion, Is it all just fantasy, or is there really cases of Sensei's or whatever developing some kind of energy/chi that has an effect on his enemy.

Thanks a bunch

Paul

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yes they are real.

Oh purlease slip!

:p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2006
  3. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

lamo! I like how you got that one to go right past the TOS. :D

4. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Seeing as its the holiday season, I will be kinder than slipthejab.

Upgraded - welcome to MAP :)

1. Ask your martial arts teacher and tell us what he says

2. No, there are no such things as Energy/Ki balls in terms of the way you have seen on DGBZ (who doesn't love that series?)

3. Send me $55.99 and I will show you the real Ki balls (I'm 25 not 13 so obviously you can't go wrong there) :D

5. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

My ki balls are on fire...

<insert sexual innuendo here>

6. Evil_Monkey

Evil_Monkey New Member

While I don't have any personal experience with the matter, it seems within the realm of possibility. If you're really interested, I'd suggest checking out "The Magus of Java," by Kosta Danaos. It's a biography/theory on ch'i and if anything is very interesting.

7. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Here's a really big energy ball. I'm not sure if there's any ki in it, however.

[​IMG]

8. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

I'd hate to accuse an innocent of it, but I get the feeling Upgraded's a troll.

I mean, look at the rest of his posts. He sounds like the stereotype some of the Bullshido trolls seem to think we are.

---

If you are not a troll, then NO, people claiming such things are con artists, not martial artists.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  9. Upgraded

Upgraded Valued Member

Im not a troll :S I was just curious on the possibilities of Chi, I want to know what the Human Body is capeable of, and what the monks are hiding that kind of thing. I guess this isn't a place to find it :( thanks anyways

10. Kamehamehaaaaaaaaa!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2006
  11. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

Yeah, I don't see why Chi-blasting Monks wouldn't post their secret abilities on the internet... :bang:

oh yeah one more thing

*points and laughs*

12. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Not a great deal. Chi isn't some mystical force that holds the universe together (duct tape has that covered) and it doesn't allow the human body to do otherworldly things. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of cowpoop
    The human body is capable of many great athletic feats. Train hard, train properly and you'll surprise yourself with what you can become capable of; but firing chi balls isn't gonna happen anywhere outside of your games console. As for what the monks are hiding; they're hiding two things:
    1) A big ass wodge of cash from people who give it to them believing that they can teach them to fire chi balls
    2) A huge grin that there are people in this world who actually believe chi/ energy balls! :bang:
    No, MAP isn't the place to find it. Tell you what though; send me all your savings, the keys to your daddy's car (unless it's a piece of crap. If that's the case, take out a second mortgage and send me the money from that) and anything else you have that's worth a bit (your mum's probably got some pretty tight jewellery) and then you can go and stay with some dudes I know in Russia and they'll teach you how to fire chi balls :D

13. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I am from the land of dragons, so of course I have the secret knowledge of chi balls.

Anyone who dares to challenge me and my balls are soon reeling in astonishment as I send them a bolt of my magical chi.

Then I fly away before they get all ****y with me. ;) :yeleyes:

14. slipthejab

a rare photo of my Chi balls in a rare state of stasis.

Attached Files:

15. slipthejab

And another shot of my old lady holding one my Chi balls..

Attached Files:

16. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Here I am using mine to help me lift stuff up.
    [​IMG]

17. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Yes it's much kinder to send him off to get laughed at face to face :D

18. Reakt

Reakt Valued Member

I don't think it's real to be honest (based on how unrealistic it is) but a friend of mine who is in his mid-20's has been doing an Esoteric martial art for many years (well it's very similar to Karate except it also involves some Chi meditation and whatever).

He is as skeptical as me about it but he's told me of times when the class has created like 'chi balls', which seems to be a common practice in Esoteric arts where they meditate and position their arms like a cradle in which something is supposed to form. He has told me that it felt he was holding a balloon and there was definately something there (obviously it wasnt a glowing ball of light, he could just feel something).

This might not seem unusual until you've actually met my friend. It's like for example Slip coming on one day and telling Map that he managed to form a chi ball (but being dead serious).

To be honest I won't truely 100% believe either side until I've experienced this situation for myself to see if I can or cannot feel or experience anything. Can't say fairer then that no matter how skeptical you are.

19. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

Big difference between using a meditation technique that creates a physical sensation in your body, and creating an actual physical energy ball to "launch at an enemy"

My grandad used to have an utterly convincing sensation of pain in his left foot, no matter how many times we reminded him his left leg had been amputated 8 inches above the knee. :rolleyes: :Angel:

20. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

ROTFLMAO!!! :D

Yeah it's silly, yeah it's ridicules, yeah it's little boy fantasy, time to join reality and get out of the cartoon world.

Ya know, the number of times I see this exact question aksed on forums by teenagers and adults really makes me wonder about the state of humanity...