This could be bad!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Taoquan, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Hmmm,
    Seems scientists are making a computer to read minds....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21097949/wid/11915829?gt1=10541

Just imagine all those "umproductive times" at work and what you THOUGHT of doing on the internet...now it could just happen!

Oh and what is the saying/statistic "Men think of sex every 30 seconds" or something like that, hmm, that would be interesting as well. :D

If your computer could read your mind what would it do?

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Ah, this one. I recently had to do a study on this sort of thing. Its just yet another stress-measuring device. You could put a moisture sensor in the mouse to pick up perspiration and you'd get nearly the same result.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Or a protein sensor on your keyboard.
    Imagine all the people busted on that one. 99% of MAP. :D

4. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

man,
    What if you combined the two.....?

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Doesn't do what it says on the tin. They imply there's some kind of high-tec thought reading device at work, and then it transpires it's just like one of those trains they had on newsround that either runs or doesn't depending on the results they get out of something like an EEG.

On the other hand, if there really was an electronic thought reading device, I'd quite like to use it on my boyfriend.

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I'd use it on a cat. I'm now convinced they think in captions.

7. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Or a dog, could you imagine??? "Who's at the door? who's at the door?" "What's that noise? What's that noise?"

For a cat I think it would be:
    "Yawn, now I have to get up and lick my butt." :D

8. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Some gadgetry show on TV did something like that a while back. It worked fairly well. One of the hosts almost managed to spell out the name of the show with a program written to work with a modified mouse. They replaced the mouse buttons with moisture sensors.

9. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

In reference to the OP - yup, but good news for exhibitionists! :D :p :rolleyes: :love: