Things that make you go :-)) take two!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sam, Sep 3, 2008.

1. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Starting the day doing TaiChi/breathing exercises in the garden whilst listening to the birds tweeting :)

Jaydub and Nachi like this.
  2. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Aww, that's awesome! Too bad I don't have a garden now, but I wish to learn some Qigong one day and do just that! :)

axelb likes this.
  3. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

That sounds wonderfully tranquil.

axelb likes this.
  4. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

L O V E that even at their age(s) my two still get totally engrossed in this classic...

FB_IMG_1524935253823.jpg

Travess

Frodocious and axelb like this.
  5. axelb

Got new ink done, new phone arrived, car passed MOT. It's been mostly a good week :D

Travess likes this.
  6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday.” - Winnie the Pooh
    :p;):D

7. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

My sister bought tickets for her and I to go see the King Tut display in L.A. as a birthday gift. I am SO EXCITED to go see this! I have been fascinated by archaeology my whole life. And followed this discovery as long as I can remember. I saw an exhibit in the 70's as a kid. The death mask was there. It was one of the most beautiful and amazing things I ever saw. Pictured do not do it justice.

So excited to see many of the artifacts again, as an adult, with all day to absorb the experience.

KING TUT: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh

axelb likes this.
  8. axelb

my eldest (9) finished school for summer.
    I ask; what would you like to do tomorrow on your first day off?

- go for a run and do a workout in the gym
    :):cool::D

Latikos and Travess like this.
  9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Give your kid a way to be a kid.
    I mean - seriously - running?
    That's the devil talking.
    Rolling, parring, training - great! But running?!?
    Let her do something that's fun and not pure evil :p ;)

axelb likes this.
  10. axelb

ah she's playing Mario Kart now.
    1.9k run and 5 minutes on the bag, that was her choice :D
    she wanted to do more, but I stopped it as she has kickboxing/TKD later.

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Been over three years since my marriage ended (on very good terms, still friends with my ex-wife) and never really found anyone new I connect with. That's not for lack of trying, believe me. And then a week ago I met someone who I have absolutely bonkers chemistry with and we've started seeing each other. Still early days of course but all the signs are looking great! Guess it's true when they say good things come to those who wait. :)

Frodocious, axelb and Ero-Sennin like this.
  12. axelb

Having a trial class in BJJ at a Roger Gracie academy today :)

Travess likes this.
  13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Won £40 in the Game of Thrones "Deadpool" sweepstake at work. :)

axelb and Frodocious like this.
  14. axelb

Nice, I also did a death pool, but no prize for me.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Just doing my daily stretching on the back steps at work...ripped the "naughty" area of my jeans to bits. Normally I'd be annoyed but it is funny. :)

axelb likes this.
  16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Just had a triage phonecall to sort out some physio as my back is playing up again.
    Turns out the physio doing the call is also a BB at Gracie Barra Bradford, knows my old BJJ coaches in Ponty and we had a right old chat. :)
    So good to speak to someone that knows what it's like to do martial arts and deal with injury.

aaradia, axelb, Monkey_Magic and 2 others like this.
  17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

My wife and I just remembered a joke I made a few years back that is in such bad taste we can never share it but we descended into the fits of the giggles until our sides hurt. :)

axelb likes this.
  18. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Did my good deed for nature today by bringing a flying house brick (bumble bee) back from the brink of death. I noticed it on my doorstep this afternoon, totally not moving seeing as we had hail today and thought "poor thing." Later on I went to give it a decent send off and when I moved it slightly it started buzzing. Went back in the kitchen and got some sugar water and a spoon, put it near the bee and eventually it made it's way over and started drinking. After a while it wandered around the step looking rather drunk then climbed up the wall a couple of inches, probably for some heat. It must have stayed on the wall for half an hour then next time I checked it had flown off, hopefully to the front garden where there's plenty of dandelions around. It's a shame I didn't see it fly but a good feeling to help the poor little thing :)

Nearly made up for it with a pheasant showing their brilliant road sense a bit later, like (look both ways, start walking into the road, "oh, a car doing 60mph on this twisty road, I'll just stand right in front of it...").

Travess, Nachi and axelb like this.
  19. axelb

first time in a long time I opened a PC and upgraded the RAM, cloned the HDD to SSD. Great to get more umph out of a 7 year old PC, almost felt like I was in desktop support again.

Anth likes this.
  20. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I finally got to the Royal Armouries at Leeds yesterday. Even though I studied in Huddersfield I never got around to going when I was local and since then I've either had too many things to use my energy on or not enough energy to do anything at all so I made use of some time off work to get down there. From when I walked in my eyes were everywhere and my brain was whirring with stuff from Forged in Fire, the armouries Youtube channel and Forgotten Weapons on Youtube. Spotting a 17th century rapier that probably took months to make without modern tools on the first floor then a five pointed Persian dagger that I haven't a clue how it would be made to survive use on my way out pretty much sums up how my brain was working. I ended up spending four hours in there (or until they started turfing everyone out) and somehow didn't spend £100 on a book about British bullpup rifles. I did however buy a problem-solving duck dressed as a knight...

imgur.com (imgur link to photo of said duck)

It only took an hour or so to get back from Leeds (the roads were nowhere near as busy as I expected) so I think I'll go back again next year but start at the top of the building and work my way back down so I can spend more time on the areas I probably rushed.

axelb likes this.