Things that make you go GRRRRR.... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rhea, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Sorry bud, but I chuckled really loudly reading that. Hope you're ok! :D

Simon likes this.
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

All is good.

I knew you'll all laugh.

Hope it goes black, 'cos I'll be telling everyone there were 4 of them.

Van Zandt and axelb like this.
  3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Why is it the most visual injuries are always from some sort of solo practise?
    :D

We laugh because most of us have done something similar at some point.

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Speak for yourself...I've never done that....well that is if you don't count the time I almost took my eye out with a Dao....or that time I took the glasses off my face with a triple section staff... or the times I ended up limping for a week or two from kicking a heavy back...or that times I got tennis elbow form over extending doing punches or the time I....... :D

Simon and axelb like this.
  5. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Black eye from solo practice?! pffft!! The only proper black eye that I had was from sparring with Roy Jones Jr... alright it was playing rugby... alright, it was tag rugby in year 7! Hope you're alright!

axelb and Van Zandt like this.
  6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Why is it the sort of people that refer to millenials or liberals as "sensitive" or "snowflakes" define their sense of self via what colour or or where a bureaucratic travel document is made?

Monkey_Magic, axelb and hewho like this.
  7. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Just found out that a former student passed away a little less than a year ago. Found out through Facebook. He was the first student to really reach out to work with me after class way back when. He and his wife were two of the first people I got to know really. Discussing things outside of martial arts. He had a lot of health issues. I remember him coming in and dropping his cane with a massively swollen foot and working out anyways. And working out while undergoing dialysis treatments several times a week. And both of them coming back as soon as possible after she donated a kidney to him. Huge examples of martial spirit. bit more importantly, huge examples of really good people.

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Always the good ones who get taken from us.

Sorry for your loss.

9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Active shooter at the Rock N' Roll marathon in my home city. Story developing. Suspect apprehended, so far no reports of injuries. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way. I knew several people involved in that.

10. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Not meant in any mean way possible, but Gosh, am I glad that it's unlikely, that something like that will happen here.

Fingers crossed and I hope the best for you, the people you know and the others involved!

11. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I locked my keys in my car this morning. I had to call a tow truck driver to break in for me.

It cost me close to $70 CAD and made me late for work.

What a horrible way to start the week.

12. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

Inconsiderate people in movie theatres really bother me. I really do avoid theatres because of people talking and texting during the film.

The fact that some people can't stay off their phones for two hours during a movie is very sad and indicative of a much larger problem in our society.

It's the decline of Western civilization.

axelb and Van Zandt like this.
  13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

That and the incessant smart phone camera flashes because they want to show everyone they're at the movies.

axelb and Jaydub like this.
  14. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

It's so ridiculous.

15. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Things that make me go grrr....my youngest's Social Studies teacher

16. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

sliced my finger open on a broken bowl - I am now considering taking up porcelain defense classes.

It's very difficult to touch type with your index finger out of action :(

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Watching 'pearl harbor'.
    'What's happening?!' one of the characters asks another.
    'I think world war 2 just started!'.

The attack on pearl harbour was in 1941. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anth, Frodocious and David Harrison like this.
  18. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Your first mistake was watching "Pearl Harbor." Why would you do that to yourself?

axelb likes this.
  19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

It was on. I was tired. I'm on a bit of a WW2 history kick at the moment. Some of the attack scenes are well done. The remote control was over the other side of the room.
    I did absolutely howl with laughter at the bit where two characters are giving blood directly into coke bottles. 'murica.

20. Lily

Lily Valued Member

That job interview timings often put you in a position of having to make up stories to your boss about why you'll be late to work. So I chose to decline the interview and asked the agent to change the date to next week where I have annual leave and can do the right thing by the client as well as my current employer.

Why can't we all be realistic and thus honest about the job market?

Frodocious likes this.