Things that make you go GRRRRR.... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rhea, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

How did metacam hurt your old cat?

2. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

My thing that makes me go GRRRRR-this sprained finger is taking far too long to heal. :( And doing PT every day is miserable drudgery. :p I want to get back to my MA and regular life generally NAO.

3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

In all fairness I can't prove that it was the Metacam.

The back then kitten was 13 weeks old and hurt her hind leg badly; it was the first and hopefully last time I heard a cat cry in pure pain.
    So we went to the emergency vet and got sent home (after a proper examination) with medication (I *think* it was Metacam as well).

So I gave it to her and a few hours later she was absolutely lethargic, wouldn't move anymore and her temperature had dropped dangerously.

So back to the emergency vet again, where we learned about the temperature drop and that she was paralyzed from the middle to end (I doubt *that* had to do with Metacam).
    They kept her there and pretty much told us, that she wouldn't survive the night.
    In the end she did and we could even pick her up 12 hours or so later.
    They had put her in an incubator, she got an IV access - I nearly died that night myself, as stupid as it sounds.
    Afterwards we've got another medication and had no problems.

So, again: I can't prove it was the Metacam, but I read later that it was a possibility, due to what happened.

But in all honesty: If it was it probably was bad luck, so my cat got his Metacam earlier and will get it for the next four days.
    In the end, it's a known medication, and most cats don't die from it after a few days.

@matveimediaarts: Get well soon.
    Nothing more annoying tHan injuries.

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

It sounds more like the injury caused an infection, then an allergy to the painkiller.

5. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

The vet said, that she probably got her short-time paralysis due to a second knock at the back.

The temperature drop and lethargy apparently could be due to both, I think.
    Until then I was really lucky: My cats hardly ever got sick, hurt or anything.
    Until then the worst was fleas (twice, I think) and once one of them puked a worm.

Getting my girls I suddenly had that injured leg, the other one had trouble with her eyes twice (dropping fluids into her eyes isn't something she liked), and then the first one got bladder infection.

And now a hurt leg again, with a third cat.

My point being: I was lucky, that we never had some serious like that.
    Yet another cat died due to some lung sickness, where suddenly the kidneys wouldn't work anymore either.
    Very bad sickness, but was treated differently, so I don't have much experience with sick cats.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Thing that made me go Grrr.

So at a tube station, in the morning commute. I'm strolling along at good pace, headphones on and I get a shoulder bump. I look and I see someone (quite tall) suffering from a serious case of ILS.
    I turn behind me to see a couple of other commuters rubbing their shoulders.

I shouted out "Oi!" but the man who clearly only does bench/press/curls just ignored and carried on. I secretly hoped he was going to end up at my workplace.

But since I won't get that satisfaction, I at least I know a Squat rack will be safe from his ego....

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I fell gar right now due to having to ask the following: What does ILS mean?

8. Mushroom

Sorry. Thought I typed it in.

Imaginary Lat Syndrome. When a person walks around thinking he has massive lats. But actually looks like he's carrying invisible rolls of carpet under his arms.

Anth and Latikos like this.
  9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Okay, thanks.
    Yeah, have seen a lot of these too.
    Like wearing razors under the arm, it's what we call it.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

And old rib injury flared up at training last night. I miss timed a jab/cross and ran onto a perfectly timed side kick. Delivered by an 11 year old. Derp.

11. Khouji

Khouji New Member

Things make me GRRR?? It's cleaning up the dog poop in the morning

12. hewho

hewho Valued Member

[QUOTE="Mushroom, post: 1075027864, member: 5427

I shouted out "Oi!" but the man who clearly only does bench/press/curls just ignored and carried on. I secretly hoped he was going to end up at my workplace.

But since I won't get that satisfaction, I at least I know a Squat rack will be safe from his ego....[/QUOTE]
    What? are there other exercises?! What is a squat rack?!?! Will it build my chest? :rolleyes:

Things making me go GRR, may lose 4 hours work a month at the Leisure Centre, I need to start wearing wrist supports for military/overhead pressing, and I keep getting my backside kicked at Mount and Blade Warband!

13. Mushroom

It is where curls go to die...

14. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

So many armchair blackbelts and Youtubefu masters

15. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Things that make me go GRRR

Family still abusing drugs, mother being in the hospital, not seeing my little brother enough anymore.

16. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Realised that I broke my toe again at some point this week. I smash them all the time with my clumsy big feet, but this time was another fracture with the nail falling off.

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

Still red and swollen.

I'm so used to training with trainers I seem to do a toe every time I hit the mats and start rolling.

axelb likes this.
  18. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

you forget after a while, and then try to run or jump rope, then remember that it's still broken :D

My feet are so mashed these days, they look like a mess pointing in different directions.

19. Xue Sheng

Things that make you go GRRRRR.... supposed to go to class tonight and it looks like I might get stuck at work late

20. Xue Sheng

Work makes me go GRRRRR...got in the way of me making class....GRRR