Thiago Silva Arrested

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Teflon, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Teflon

Teflon Valued Member

2. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Popovitch's jitz is so good that even Thiago Silva has to go tooled up to face him ;)

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Would like to know the specifics, and what is the firearms laws in Florida etc?

Obviously a serious incident in London where all firearms are pretty much illegal but in the US where ots widely available?
    Or they having him on "intent of use" ?

Update:
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/20604-thiago-silva-appears-in-court-case-details-emerge

So it seems that Thiago's soon-to-be Ex has run off with another who studies at Popovitch's school. And does this mean he has been pulled out of his fight against OSP?
    T.Silva is a nasty dude, he's like BOPE, no? (Brazilian's version of a SWAT team for favelas)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  5. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

I think you're thinking of Paulo Thiago, a welterweight:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Thiago

6. aka The Clerk

aka The Clerk Valued Member

7. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

yeah no BOPE troop is gonna act like a wreckless thug out here in this country. i personally knew another Brazilian that pulled some crap like that in front of a McDonalds over a girl, pulled out a gun and all thank god i wasnt there. He got away with it thinking this was Brazil (dangerous country), but later johnny law sent him packing back home.

8. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Yeah, thiago wasn't bope, he's a big girls blouse. Wonder who she ran off with...

9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Too many Thiagos....cheers dude :p

Also just read that ESPN link. The name of Silva's lawyer. "Better call Saul" #breakingBad

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  10. Teflon

Teflon Valued Member

Apparently the charges were reduced, the attempted murders are now aggravated battery with a firearm. Maybe that's why he got bail? Can't say I have any idea how it works over there.

I thought the relationship was between the wife and the coach? I didn't know who Popovitch is and thought it odd that Thiago tooled up to go there, until I saw a picture of him and read he's a 4th degree BB. Popovitch has stated that Thiago and his former-partner have been seperated for over a year (December 2012), which is a bit of a different picture to what the first article implies. .

11. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

He must have had a big time lawyer here. Only freakin way. I read somewhere this is one of the most corrupt police counties in the country. No money = PRISON

Also MUSHROOM, gunlaws in the USA vary state to state. They are like carrying a knife if you live in an isolated northern snowy state. But big city Florida regarded as the Sunshine State, its residents know it as the "Gunshine State" the laws are pretty crazily open. But you cannot get away with what Thiago Silva did , unless your a rich UFC fighter i guess.

They will probably make him stay in florida for a bunch of years on Probation , if he messes up, next news Thiago Silva gets 5 years in prison

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Which is why the US has one of the worst legal systems in the world in terms of red tape and money talking...you can pay you can walk; it's common across the board

13. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Charges were reduced, but he didn't get bail.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/thiago-silva-has-charges-reduced-but-remains-jailed-without-bond/

14. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

15. mattt

mattt Valued Member

No money+threatening people with a firearm whilst wasted= prison

Works for me.

16. Teflon

Teflon Valued Member

17. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

"Hurley also cited the potential for Silva to be a flight risk to his native Brazil as a reason to not apply bond to the four charges against him, despite initially planning to set the combined bond at $2,500,100."

18. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

still in Jail. His career in america if not done is definitely on hold for the next few years.