They let you down

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jorvik, Dec 16, 2012.

1. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

This is an interesting website

http://www.theyletyoudown.com/#

It shows all the lies told by conservatives and labour regarding their votes on European legislation

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

It's a tough situation for all the politicians when it comes to Europe. The fact is, if we didn't benefit from being in Europe, we would have left. David Cameron in particular would benefit immensely in popularity from the dumb-ass right of his party if he just said "so long suckaz" and pulled out of the EU. The fact that even someone who would gain from this action as much as Dave hasn't done it, would suggest that even he knows it's not the right choice.

As with so many issue, all the parties have to make a token gesture to appease the Daily Mail readers, while not actually doing anything disastrous for Britain's trade relations.

3. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

I disagree, we are always told lies and untruths about Europe. Cameron is very pro Europe his actions have proved that. Why else would he have Ken Clarke in his cabinet. He is despised by the left and right alike. They make out that anyone opposed to Europe is right wing, yet it was the conservatives who took us in, and Tony Benn was totally opposed to it. It is not democracy, we were never asked or consulted.

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

It is democracy because there are political parties offering to remove us from the EU. If it mattered that much to the electorate, UKIP would have won the election. They didn't, therefore it doesn't.

A referendum is coming, it is only a matter of time, but I don't blame the government for trying to put it off as long as possible. Cameron doesn't want to be remembered as the guy who brought down the EU.

5. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Yeah Cameron is a spineless twonk

6. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Jorvik...your been quite unfair, its easy to sit and say hes spineless, but come on try having that amount of responsibility for something.

Raz

7. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

What?? the man who gave us " A cast Iron Guarrantee"of a referendum on the Lisbom treaty...........spineless he is, Twonk he is

8. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

They can't please everyone, so instead it seems they please no one. But I'd rather him than certain "political parties" like the BNP anyday.

9. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I've got no illusions that Cameron is anything other than a prime scumbag leading a party dedicated to pure evil. However, on the issue of Europe, I would struggle to pin any particular blame on him. The decision on Europe isn't one that most uninformed people on the street (including me) are able to make from a position of any substantial knowledge. Some things are just too important to be left to a popularity contest which, on the matter of Europe, is all that a referendum would be. How many people would really have done the accounts to work out if there's a net benefit to EU membership, as opposed to just reading the Sun and Mail with their "Barmy Brussels Bans British Bananas!" nonsense?

10. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

They lie to us. I am sick of it . Blair did it and now Cameron is doing the same. If you read that website you will see that the conservatives and labour have voted for another wave of immigrants to be allowed into Europe in 2014 the Roumanians and the Bulgarians and they will make their way straight here. They have also supported restrictions on the banking system, which is a prime earner in the UK..and in both cases they told Us exactly the opposite of what they were doing ..............look what the conservatives are saying now.that we have to invade Syria because they have Weapons of Mass destruction:bang:.......I think it's about time that ordinary peole woke up to how corrupt these bozos are

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

You can always emigrate.

I hear we've got this handy arrangement with Europe now, which means you can go and work in any other country that's part of the EU...

12. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

You may want to look into the recent recession and the reason the banks are based here (clue the 'city of london' is a tax haven, which is confusionally named so as to put off publicity) So no in net terms the trading banks based here paying minimal tax are not a big earner for the uk.

13. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Romanians and Bulgarians can already travel to the UK without any restrictions.

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Dracula landed at Whitby easy enough so I think you're right.

15. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Just testing you

Consequences:
    Enlargement has always been a controversial topic for the member states of the European Union as with the open border policy of the union it has such a massive impact for the citizens of the richer countries such as the U.K. The European Union already includes 27 states ranging from Estonia to Poland, and by allowing other countries such as Turkey to join there could be a huge influx of migrants coming into our already over crowded country.

For:571
    including all Tory, Labour and Lib Dem

Abstain:35

Against:34
    including all UKIP

Verdict:

The one sided nature of this debate and vote goes to show how out of touch the Brussels politicians are. People do not want the EU to grow, quite the opposite and once again UKIP are the only party standing up for British people's interests.

Don't know where I got that from probably listening to this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifp7fhB4P9U"]Accession of Bulgaria and Romania - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  16. holyheadjch

They haven't voted for another wave of anything - they're just obeying the rules of the EU.

The world didn't end when the West Indians and the Irish arrived, it didn't end when the South Asians arrived, it didn't end when the Polish arrived, it wont end when the Romanians and Bulgarians arrive either or when the Turks arrive or when the Croatians and Serbians arrive.

And nobody is seriously suggesting we intervene in Syria. The entire international community is running away from that idea.

I'd question where you get your information from. Then I remembered who I was replying to.

17. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

18. holyheadjch

And from that you got uber secret war plans? Puhleaze.

19. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Doesn;t it scare you coz it sure as hell does me....what did they say about Iraq?..........are we going to see another weapons expert murdered?..oh yeah did you listen to the interview.................HE CAN'T be SPECIFIC.........................oh duure that sounds reasonable

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  20. holyheadjch

There was never any doubt that we were going into Iraq. The government barely even tried to deny that it was inevitable. We were building up forces on the Iraq border for months before we finally began operations. The Americans spent months trying to drum up international support for a military intervention.

None of that has happened this time.

We don't want to intervene in Syria, the US doesn't want to intervene in Syria, the EU doesn't want to intervene in Syria. So who, pray tell, is going to intervene in Syria?

If they start using Chemical weapons, that might force the international community to step in, but that's not likely to happen either as it is becoming more likely that Assad is going to try to cut a deal to save his own skin.

All of this you would know if you read actual news.