The Visit - M. Night Shyamalan

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Aug 29, 2015.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Okay, okay, I know that he's made some AWFUL movies recently, but ... but ... but this looks GREAT!!!!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfQnRjkuvaY"]The Visit - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

"Would you mind getting inside the oven to clean it?" :eek: :p :D

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Looks alright. Can't wait for it to be ruined by some timely last plot twist.

3. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

Why don't the kids just run away? Those old geezers could never catch them.

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Redboxed it tonight and enjoyed it very much. If I say much about it I'll give away the good part, but in short -- the trailer up above hits the high points. In short, mom and parents had a fight 15 years ago and haven't spoken or seen each other since then. Teenage children want to meet their grandparents for the first time, so as a step toward family healing the adults arrange a week's visit (hence the title of the movie). Older sister is a budding director and decides to film the entire historic visit and make a documentary out of it, as a form of therapy for the whole family.

Aaaannnnnddddd ... weird things happen. Very very very very weird things happen.

It's good. :happy: It's not "Sixth Sense" or "Blair Witch Project" good, but ya, it's good. I'll watch it again to pick apart how the scenes were shot. I think this movie could be used in a directing class in film college.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

It was alright. Some tense moments.