The Ultimate Martial Art - Ecky Thump

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Simon, Nov 14, 2010.

1. scm

scm Valued Member

This thread brings back memories! My other half (also an ageing pom like me) always says 'are you off to ecky thump?' when I head for the dojo.

Long live the black pud - which incidentally is really hard to get hold of here in Aus :(

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's turned into posh nosh here often served with scollops??

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Twere in't footills, eee, a knakered stagger from't chippy ah first saw't sign, sign twould mark my return t't art I left so many year ago.

V Pud.

Nar then, it may be as them as can't change wont, but for me, ah can take up tat of mah forbears (3 on em, anyroad) wi' pride and principle, and proudly stand, puddin in 'and, black braces ovah bleedin nipples twanged raw wi' combat, wieldin't mighty veggie black puddin!

[​IMG]

Ecky Thump!

Mitch
    Plus it is wrapped in gold an I is bling, innit :D

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Haha, I missed this when it was first posted. :hail:

Superb.

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Reet, first meeetin'll be rahnd pub later. New badges of membership available naah.

Mitch

Attached Files:

6. Simon

Ave pint o' best on t' counter ready.

7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

british humor. ill never get it...

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Can ah bring t' dog wee us? T' missus as kicked us both aht of t' ahse?

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What do you mean? This is a perfectly serious thread about the setting up a martial arts organisation.
    Ecky Thump is serious business. There's no humour here.

10. Simon

Welcome to our newest Ecky Thump Grand Master, embra.

'Ey up lad, I bet you'll do t' art reet proud. ;)

11. embra

embra Valued Member

Ey up, 'hat means a get ma black pudding belt!

12. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

I feel sorry for the tom kittens

13. embra

embra Valued Member

This can only mean the original initiation song from Scotland's last inductees:-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-nvpU8sE7U"]The Goodies: Black Pudding Bertha on Shangalang - YouTube[/ame]

14. Simon

You will receive your second dan for telling me who introduced the Goodies in the you tube clip.

15. embra

embra Valued Member

Shangalang was some crappy program in the 1970s - hosted by the Bay City Rollers (????????) I think its Derek Longmuir the drummer(?) introducing The Goodies.

As we are in funky 70s mode (when fashion was about as bad as it ever got), another funky numba from the Goodies. Incidentally have to pay wee tributes to Bee Gees Robin Gibb and Donna Summer who sadly passed away recently.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Invc4F6J_kQ&feature=related"]the goodies saturday night grease - YouTube[/ame]

16. Simon

Derek it was, you are worthy of your senior grade.

17. embra

embra Valued Member

I have climbed a thousand steps in my journey, meditated with the Grand Masters, sparred with 1000 black-puddings, chanted some daft words, fought off 1000 black-pudding knife wielding Ninjas; and earned my senior grade!

Never managed this with shoe-do!

So, some real stuff from the 70s, when rock was rock'n'roll, but probably unknown to most, Mr Johhny Winter covering the Stones Jumpin Jack Flash. Let's rock!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQPlU5q1CBI&feature=related"]JOHNNY WINTER - Jumpin' Jack Flash (1974 UK TV Appearance) ~ HIGH QUALITY HQ ~ - YouTube[/ame]

18. embra

embra Valued Member

I wanna x-train in Hong Kong Fuey

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geYszCBkRBM&feature=related"]Hong Kong Phooey Cartoon Intro - YouTube[/ame]

19. Simon

What, how dare you. We promote you to Ecky Thump Grand Master and already you talk of defection.

I am disappointed. :mad:

20. embra

embra Valued Member

Yeah, Im just greedy, steal the Grand-masters' knowledge and off to the other side of town.