The UFC will be reinstating their Light Weight Division title.

Discussion in 'MMA' started by ninjadeath, Feb 19, 2004.

1. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

I can only confirm this as a "rumor" but, the UFC will be reinstating it's LW title at either UFC 48 or 49. It will be a fight between my teammate Josh Thomson and either Duane "Band" Ludwig, or the winner of a Hermes Franca vs Yves Edwards fight. This is a great thing because it's unfair to to have a light weight div. and not a title. These guys train just as hard as anyone else and deserve a chance to wear a belt and enjoy the glory that goes with it. Not to mention that the UFC LW div. is very exciting right now. Look out for my boy Josh, he is one hell of an exciting fighter.

2. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Just what we need. More five rounders.;)

3. totality

totality New Member

i think franca won that fight.

not that it matters, that belt will be mine within 10 years!!!! :D

4. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

How could you possibly say that? Franca's only saving grace in that fight was that he almost knocked Josh out in the third round. And if you are talking about the second round when it looked like Josh got dropped with a puch, it never happen. Josh was trying to knee Hermes in the head and slipped backwards. Franca never connected with that punch. Everybody ringside saw it, all the judges saw it, and everyone I talked to said that was the case. when it comes to the second round Josh pounded Franca a little bit and got all the take downs, and the third he got caught hard and dropped. He recovered from that and was able to get a takedown later in the round. Josh won the first round very convincingly 10-9. Josh won the second round pretty easily as well 10-9. Josh lost the third round 9-10. That adds up to 29-28 in Josh's favor. All the judges saw it that way and all the MMA writers and sites saw it that way too.

5. Trent Tiemeyer

Landless almost stepped in, and put his hand on Franca. Franca obviously thought it was over, and Thompson regained guard. He may have finished him, but the ref cost him the fight. Other than that, Josh was winning.

6. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

Sweet, I like watching smaller fighers. They are quick :). It rocks. I'm biased though since i'm short.

7. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

Josh would have kept moving he knew he had to he was rocked, but not totally out. Josh is VERY good on the ground. He's an expert in Shamrock submission and a bad a$$ wrestler. He would have been OK.

8. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

Frank Shamrock is the man and he is good on the ground and in up and up fighting.

9. Trent Tiemeyer

He may have not been finished, but who knows how much more punishment Franca could have delivered from that position. He could have ridden out the round, swaying the judges, and may have finished the fight were it not for Larry Landless.

10. totality

totality New Member

i actually didn't see the whole thing, it just amuses me to mess with you, ninjadeath. :D sorry, i guess i'll stop.

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I personally am a huge fan of the lightweight devision... i much prefer watching lightweight matches than alot of the heavyweight...