The Streets

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Sambo Master, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Swoop

Swoop Valued Member

sambo master how old are you?

2. Sambo Master

Sambo Master Banned Banned

swoop i am 16 why?

3. Wearing Grey

Wearing Grey New Member

I would have no respect for the guy if he sent his GF to come mouth off at you.

I do not know what the laws are like where you are at. When I was a kid, my Father told me not to fight, but if I had to fight then do it right. If it comes down to it you need to make sure you contact the cops somehow and let them know you are getting harrassed.

I would try to hurt him real real bad. Send him back to his friends looking so bad that none of them would want anything to do with you. Like get him on the ground and stomp his legs to where he could not walk.

I think we kinda covered this kind of thread before, like the one where the guy was gonna have to fight 5 dudes. I said go to their houses and beat them up one by one. Some people did not agree with me though, which is understandable. Sometimes there is no right answer.

If a fight is going to come, I think it is better to be on your own terms at a time and place of your choosing. They would never expect their front yard. Of course, this approach does not look very good to the coppers either. Basically in this situation you are damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Of course you could always pull a fight club scene and just punch yourself right before you fight. That way he will think your crazy and maybe want to leave you alone. But this approach just sounds funny and probably would not work in real life. :)

WG

4. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

LOL
    This happens all the time in philly.
    And the answer is simple.
    Find yourself a good handgun with an extended clip.

5. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

What got you in this mess in the first place? Your answer probably lies there. And remember fellas it's a gang, you dont get the option of fighting one at a time. As long as they don't know where you live I think you would be, no?

6. xubis

xubis New Member

Lol
    lol even more

I would probably contact the police, but if I was jumped, defintley defend myself

7. Tyrant MMA

Tyrant MMA New Member

I would wonder what this all had to do with Sub Fighting or Vale Tudo. Then I would ponder on why there were a so many post from teenagers who want advice on how to beat the crap out of each other.

Streetfights are stupid and usually avoidable.

I'm 28 and haven't been involved in a violent incident since I was 13yrs old. Considering I've lived in alot of dodgy areas and not exactly been low key about how I've behaved, I'd say those were some good odds against me.

I usually listen to my first instinct. it always leads me home safely.

8. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

Can't agree more. There is no reason for anybody to be jumped or have the crap beaten out of them if they have an ounce of common sense and listen to intuition... it ain't just a chicks game afterall.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Don't ever fight in the streets...ever! It solves nothing, provesnothing and will land you in trouble with either the Police or with your opponents mates.

However, always DEFEND yourself in the street should it be necessary. This can be physical but includes things such as environment awareness, non-physical solutions and above all common sense.

With respect to your age, 16 is not old enough or wise enough to start thinking about fighting in the streets. You will end up dead at worst and with a criminal record at best - then try getting a job and see how hard it is. If you have problems with gangs, avoid them completely. If they say you are "running scared" so what? Swallow your ego. You have nothing to prove to them and if you know you are not scared what does ot matter what they think?
    You need to be bigger than they are - rise above them and see how high you can fly on your own merits.

10. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

"Originally posted by Bon
    LOL! I'd tell his girlfriend her boyfriend's a big pussy and to come and talk to me face to face like a man"

AHAHAHAA...good stuff

"Originally posted by 1ONONEFIGHTING
    I'd punch the girl in the mouth."

Im crackin up here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of gang is this??? DO they carry guns, or just like knives and bats. Are they big criminals or just a group of punks? If theyre carrying guns, stay the hell away, but if theyre just street punks, you should backhand his GF. lol. THen you could find them and break their legs with a hammer or baseball bat! try to isolate one, get him alone, then use ur mma or grappling stuff to break his arms and legs .

or call the police