The Scheme...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by evojm72, Jun 17, 2011.

1. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

The BBC recently broadcast a fly-on-the-wall documentary on a housing scheme in Kilmarnock Scotland. Apparently it was first shown on regional TV but is now on Tuesday night on BBC1. The first episode is on iPlayer (I don't think you can view it outside of the UK though)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sj713/The_Scheme_Episode_1/

Has anyone else seen this TV programme? I'm dumbfounded by it. I think it just goes to show what a S-hole Britain hs become. Not one of them has got a job, all on state benfits. I've never wanted to emigrate more. Or own a flamethrower. I'd happliy let Ratko Miladic loose on the lot of them.

2. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

But of course its not Labours fault just a coincidence that under them the growth in the underclass went through the roof and the opposite end of the spectrum the super rich just got richer. They screwed this country with protection for the lazy and removed the word greed and responsibility form the dictionary. Ill never forgive Labour for they did to this country.

3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

so now greed and responsibility go hand in hand? that's some weird thinking man...

4. dentoiwamaryu

Im talking about greed in the terms of people who think its ok to live on benefits and earning sick levels of wealth. Responsibility in terms of Junkies for example been forced to accept some form of responsibility for there self inflicted curable disease and reralise THEY have a duty to get off and stay clean WIth goverment/Taxpayer help, not just the later.

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

You must be living in an alternate reality where people earn 'sick levels of wealth' on benefits. You seem a tad judgmental, my darling.

6. dentoiwamaryu

LOL no sorry, Im talking about both ends of the spectrum ie people choosing to live on tax payers earning and people who earn sick wealth in there job which is more abundant as the rest struggle.

7. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

Judging by some of the TVs and kitchen's these benefit scroungers have, I'd have to say that they do indeed have 'sick levels of wealth' comparative to what they contribute to society.

8. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

I have to agree, I'll never vote for them again. They essentially bribed these layabouts with extensive benefits thus ensuring their future votes. I'm just hoping the Tories stick to their guns and force these untermensch back into work.

9. dentoiwamaryu

Problem with the tories is its there duty to protect the rich and make them richer while the working class suffer its there duty to encourage class segregation.

10. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

I wouldn't unhappy to see them remove the particular 'class' shown in 'The Scheme' though, would you? :)

11. dentoiwamaryu

Both ends of the spectrum are a disgrace to society, ID be ashamed to be either. Yes the Opposite end dont take benefits but From the experience Ive had they develop disgusting attitudes to people who don't have there wealth. The royal family for example are the symbol of the rich and class segregation.

12. embra

embra Valued Member

I used to have Xmas and Easter holidays in Kilmarnock, actually its quite a friendly wee town, all in all. There are some real head-case villages in Ayrshire e.g. Maybole at night-time -> exit quickly.

As for voting, I cannot see me voting for the Laborious Old Toads again. However, I will never ever vote for the Tolley party.

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I think we have to keep in prespective that most of these run down areas were traditionally very tough working class areas that supplied the workforce for heavy industry. Now that that's all gone (thanks Maggie) and some people just aren't cut out to work in a bloody call centre.

14. embra

embra Valued Member

Call centres are not the most stable employers either.

In days of old, heavy industry did breed a sense of camaraderie and of community AND the workers developed skill which supplied industry with competitive capability - this has all gone now - replaced with a vaccous society with which it is very difficult for people to feel part of.

15. dentoiwamaryu

STABLE INDUSTRY.....Long gone

16. Moi

Around here, long before I moved here it was mining and steel And a huge mill works.
    People where shipped in from Liverpool, manchester & Ireland to work in them.
    Real hard work (even now people don't tend to live that long but they're the last of the generations now it's all gone)
    In one respect I'm glad the heavy industry has gone but it's a crime that it wasn't replaced with something else. Many of the places shut were profitable but even those that weren't should have been subsidised to keep people employed, possibly cheaper in the long run. They've bailed out the banks but left the working man to rot

17. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

I think that you'd find it hard to find a 'working man' in episode 1 of 'The Scheme'!

18. Moi

There are big parts of everywhere that are the same. Huge extended families
    that make a living from abusing the system. Trouble is their lives are tailored to maximising benefits and they're very good at finding loopholes

19. dentoiwamaryu

Thats why its difficult to tell the difference between a benefit cheat and the royals

20. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Although I suspect this was meant to be tongue in cheek, the royal family are actually net contributors because they donate all income received from their estates to the Exchequer. As such their effective tax rate is incredibly high compared to anyone else in the country.