The Real Yoda

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by binski20, Jan 9, 2003.

1. binski20

binski20 Valued Member

This is a dumb question, but I am gonna ask it anyway.
    Why is it that on Star Wars, whenever it is time to kick some ****, Yoda goes all ninja style with the saber flipping and whooping butt, then 5 minutes later is hobbling along with a cane???

Just one of those things I noticed and wondered.
    Maybe the FORCE??

2. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Same reason it happens in real life.

I've seen "little old men" who hobble along, sometimes with a cane, and then, when they start teaching, the "little old man" vanishes and they become an agile and spry dealer of pain.

I've heard stories about some of the big names like Morihei Ueshiba (founder of Aikido) and Angel Cabales (founder of Cabales Serrada Eskrima).

I've heard that Ueshiba got out of his death bed to teach one last class, then returned to his bed and died.

I've heard about Angel at a seminar a couple of months before he died. He was sitting in a chair watching one of his students teach the seminar. He was in such bad shape that he could barely walk. At one point, he didn't like what had just been taught. He stood up and shuffled a couple of steps away from the chair and proceeded to correct the instruction and beat the uke like a circus monkey ... then he collapsed back into his chair.

I'd say "the Force" is as good an explanation as anything :)

Mike

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

He doesn't want to lose his dissability allowance :D

4. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Yoda (the movie one) running an insurance scam!

ROFLMAO

Mike

5. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

cuz it's cool to see a tiny old green guy kick someones ASSets. It's definitely a force deally and the bad guys deserve it. Who better to deliver a defeat than YODA!!!!!!

"There is no try, do or do not"

6. Spike

Spike New Member

"I've heard that Ueshiba got out of his death bed to teach one last class, then returned to his bed and died."

I don`t know about that, I do know that he needed two of his students to help him into the dojo, threw them off when he stepped on the mat, battered the class, then needed to be helped out again

"He doesn't want to lose his dissability allowance "

you`re saying Yoda`s a scouser?
    just kidding

7. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Ah hah ... that could have been the story I heard. I don't remember the specifics ... just the gist :)

Mike

8. antisocial

antisocial New Member

I think yoda thinks the cane makes him feel special.

9. YODA

True - so true. But what about the movie character? :D

10. Jay

Jay New Member

I dont want to shatter anyone's illusions here, but ..... he's not real ! He's a character in a film, that's why he can whoop ass and talk like kermitt the frog at the same time :D

Jay

11. YODA

I'm not real?

Nooooooooo............... I'm meltiiiiiingggggg............

12. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Cool Yoda's melting!!!

Lets poke him with sticks!!!

Or maybe not. ;)

Col

13. Spike

Spike New Member

True, the puddle of goo might still rip off someone`s arm and beat us with the soggy end