The Rat Files

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Rataca100, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

1/10/17

Diet:

Breakfast: (whenever i had it, i have forgotten)

Prawn cocktail (from tescos)
    Little after, one packet of microwavable fries

I have had 1/5 liters of sugar free pop today and only just started a packet of mints

Tea: around 18:00

Noodles and chicken. (wholegrain noodles and fresh chicken)

I have had one glass of milk today and plan to onyl drink water until sleep. Another glass of milk is planned for later though.

Exercise today: Around 1-10 minuets just punching a bag, was trying to practice punching.

2. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

4/10/17

because i always forget breakfast i will divide it up in two posts

Breakfast:

500ml of sugar free blue monster energy
    two boiled eggs on a peice of toast.
    I have been drinking water since i finished my energy drink and may drink some sugar free pop.

TKD lesson is planned exercise for today.

3. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

4/10/17

evening

1.5 aprox liters of water (more will be cosnumed)

had Tuna as a snack before TKD

the meal planned for when i ge tback is burgers and rice. (homemade ish)

I may have another bottle of sugar free pop after TKD.

Update when i get back for what i actuall have.

The exercise would be a hours TKD lesson and about a 2 mille walk.

4. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Part 3 of the same day what i actually ate

I had two burgers in white buns and some uncle bens microwavable rice

i also had 500ml of diet coke.

The TKD though, meh back. :(

edit: I got taught the second four directional punching, got it changed to physically moving my foot and then got taught the next pattern up before just kicking/punching a pad for the rest.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  5. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

It's great you are keeping your log :) I wonder, though... it seems you are not eating many foods a day. What about lunch? Or do you have at least some regular regime like breakfast, lunch and dinner?

And what about the TKD class? what did you learn and practise? How did it go in general? :)

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Rataca, with respect we don't need pages and pages of a junk food diary.

One post will do, rather than 3 throughout the day.

Thank you.

Knee Rider likes this.
  7. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

I wake up at like 10-12 so breakfast and lunch get grouped together. And see above i edited it. :p

8. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

But then you go to bed late, right? Anyway, only two meals a day? I'd die of hunger! :D

9. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

I go to sleep anywhere from 22:00-3:00 i get hungry when its closer to morning. XP

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Your progress is up to you, but if you want to help yourself:
    1) Sort out your diet. It's awful. It is not hard to eat decent food regularly if you put your mind to it.
    2)Sort your sleep out. This is also really important.
    3)Train regularly and engage with your training, reflect on it. How can you improve? Through what means?

Your choice of course, but you are hugely hampering any progress you could make at the moment through those choices.

Mitch

axelb, Simon and Nachi like this.
  11. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Even relatively better, asda or Tesco, pack of pork and beef meatballs, take two minutes in the microwave and ten minutes to cook pasta. Most people on here would scoff at it as a proper meal plan but it would still be a lot better than what's going on your plate at the moment

12. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

It was a "proper" burger from tescos. It was a fresh patty that you fry/bake i belive. I was starving so i opted for microwavable rice in that instance as i couldnt wait for the brown rice. :p First time i tried eating after i got back, it was 21:00 ish.

(bear in mind i have access to Pizza's etc, microwavable rice isnt that bad :p)

Edit: I can say my back and thighs are hurting a lot from last night though and i woke about a hour ago. I usually try to get 8 hours from whever i sleep.

13. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

9/10/17

Breakfast:
    Bacon in bread

exercise:
    Did 10 bicep curls with a 5 kilo dumbells
    did 10 tricep pressess(?) with same dumbells

did at least 2-3 repetitions of my TKD patterns.
    ran around 5 meter distance 10 times

tea:
    Brocoli
    Pasta
    Peas
    Chicken
    Yorkshire pudding

I have consumed 1 liter of sugar free pop
    500ml of full sugar
    a glass of milk
    and a few bottles of water today.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  14. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Good to see you are training at home :)

You could think about adding sets of standard exercises as you get fitter.

So, for example, you can do press ups, squat thrusts, sit ups or planks, squats, rock climbers, burpees, or any number of good exercises with no equipment and almost no space. If you have a room tall enough to stand in, wide enough that you don't touch the walls and long enough that you can lie down, you have an exercise room :)

Try this. Get your smart phone and set a timer for 2 minutes. Jog, on the spot, for that time. If you want, bring your knees up in front, or kick your heels up behind. But keep moving, gently, for 2 minutes.

Rest a minute or two. Time it.

Stand still and swing your arms forwards in big circles from the shoulders, then backwards. Imagine doing a press up in the air and move your arms like that. Swing your hips round in a big circle one way, then the other.

Rest a minute or two and time it.

Do 5 press ups, 5 sit ups, 5 squat thrusts, 5 squats and 5 leg raises off each leg. If you can't manage 5 of something do as many as you can as well as you can.

Rest a minute or two and time it.

Do this until you can repeat the press ups etc section 3 or 4 times, then ask for help again.

Forget the bicep curls, you're wasting time with them.

Do a few weeks of the above and notice that it gets easier, and your rest periods will get shorter.

Progress :)

Mitch

axelb, SCA, Hannibal and 1 other person like this.
  15. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

If you have a smartphone I highly recommend the Nike+ training app

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Never Gymless by Ross Enamait is a must

axelb likes this.
  17. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I'm not sure what your end goals are, but I recommend that you look into the Abs Diet and workout plan. It is a six week program that has always worked for me.

It's fairly easy to follow for me. You eat 5-6 times a day from a list of approved "power" foods. It allows for more variety than you would think. There is no complicated points system or measuring of calories. You just keep servings reasonable and refrain from gorging yourself. Breakfast for me would usually be scrambled or hard-boiled eggs with whole wheat toast and fruit. Lunch would be chicken breast, veggies, and brown rice. Dinner would be a lean steak with sweet potato and veggies. Meals can be much less complicated, but I love to cook. You could easily do yogurt, cereal, toast with peanut butter, sandwiches, etc. They also have great snack options and smoothy recipes.

There is also an allowance of one "cheat meal" per week to keep you on track. I would usually have a cheese burger with fries and Dr. Pepper every Friday night. I know that not everyone would agree with using food as a reward, but it works for me.

The workout is a full-body weight workout that I would supplement with cardio and martial arts training. The exercises range from easy to complex, depending on your fitness and skill levels. It also includes bicep curls (sorry, Mitch ;))

The toughest part about the overall program is having to be a bit organised with planning your meals. Sometimes there was a requirement for prep work ahead of time, but it really pays off. I usually drop about 2o lbs in six weeks if follow this program exactly. At the end I have less fat and more muscular definition.

I usually start this program in the New Year, and time it to end right before Tournament Month. It is a great baseline program to increase my overall fitness before dramatically raising the intensity of my martial arts training.

Anyway, I encourage you to consider the program. I'm not saying it's the be-all-end-all of all diet and workout plans, but it works for me.

18. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

I will look into those things, i also found the weight loss guide by the NHS as well.

Two other notes:

1: I will only be putting down the diet for when i exercise along with the exercise for the time being

2: I like lifting weights and thought my upper arms needed some muscle hence bicep curls. :p (i know its next to useless for most things )

Also, turns out i did a variation of shoulder press, i just found out the name for it.

@Jaydub Do you have a link to a webpage on that just so i know if i get the right one?

19. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

The coach25k app (also recommended on the NHS website) is absolutely brilliant and a great (highly effective) method for introducing you to running.

Couch to 5K - Live Well - NHS Choices

If you download it and just do the programme as it states you will be running 5k at the end. 5k is a great run on its own but also is a brilliant jumping off point for running in general.

Mitch, axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  20. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

5kg bicep curls isn't really lifting weights, unless your about 40kg soaking wet, it isn't even a Warm up weight.

Hannibal likes this.