The PR thread!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CosmicFish, Jun 20, 2007.

1. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

OK, this thread is to boast about any PRs you set. Whatever it is, whether it's a new PR on the bench, finally hitting 10 pullups in one set, running 10k for the first time, or even your first proper pressup. Post it up here and bask in the admiration of your fellow MAPers!

(I won't be posting mine until the end of July. :D)

2. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

My first push up. It took me a month to finally be able to do it. :cool: :p

3. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Pretty sure I posted to this thread but it disappeared. Does no one have any PR's or are all posts disappearing from this black hole of a thread?

4. Verx

Is it me or the H&F section died after the recent change?

5. CosmicFish

Hmmm, there's nothing obvious at this end. If stuff gets deleted we get to see it. Try posting it again?

Verx - firstly, congrats! :) And secondly, I don't think the H&F forum has died, it might just look that way as we have so many new categories now.

6. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Most of these are from march, I should be trying to improve these a bit at the end of July.

Bench Press: 100 kg
    ATG Squat: 142.5 kg
    Deadlift: 180 kg
    800m: 2 minutes 35 seconds

7. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Damn, those are some nice PR's. Now, for the competitive and curious among us, what are your height and weight? You've got about 20lbs over me on the bench, 55 lbs over my squat, and 85lbs over my current deadlift. Keep it up, and keep posting. Give me something to chase. Just as soon as I get off this low-carb ******* diet.

8. Verx

Yeah, I guess so. It just seems to me that no one is posting anymore.

9. Gary

Today I'm exactly 200lbs at 6', although it's dropping (also low carbing :( ). I'll be retesting them at the end of july, guestimating by my current lifts I should be able to add somewhere around 10% to those :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  10. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

Also 200 lbs and 6'.

ATG Squat - 375 lbs
    Overhead Squat - 200 lbs
    Deadlift - 450 lbs
    Dips & Chinup - 70 added lbs (I was suprised they were both exactly equal)
    Power Snatch - 200 lbs

I'm chasing a double BW squat and a 2.5x BW deadlift. Can't wait until I get them.

11. Gary

Nice lifting, especially that O/H Squat!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  12. CosmicFish

Those are some nice PRs Soccy!

13. Socrastein

Crap. I just realized I goofed one of my numbers :eek:

My ATG squat is only 300. 375 is my "parallel" squat.

I waited to post my bench because I actually just maxed it today. It's a measly 260 lbs. I don't really bench very much, I spend my time with deadlifts mostly.

14. Socrastein

Thank you very much. Overhead squats are actually my favorite squat variation. I do them more than back squats in fact.

15. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Socrastein, you are my new local hero. Damn!

My weight has dropped from 190 to 180 recently though its sitting at 180lbs and not moving again. I stopped growing up long ago at 5'10".

I no longer have back squats in my program. I'm just doing overhead and front variations. I'm sure eventually I'll get back into them to focus on max strength but I figure if you can't transfer the leg power properly through your core, then what's the point? OH squats are the king of humble pie. 200lbs is more than I've seen anyone do personally. In fact, I've never seen anyone do more than 135 at my gym and I'm suckily far below that. But at least I do them regularly now.

Anyway, call me impressed. Enjoying this thread. :)

Question - when you guys are going heavy on the deadlift, do any of you wear a belt? I never do, and don't plan on it, although I'm only lifting 315 for triples now. I stop when my back is tired and my form starts to go.

16. Gary

I don't use any gear, I only recently started using chalk.

17. Leppi

Leppi New Member

60kg Front Squat from the pins for five singles and 4cm 65kg front squat from the pins yesterday. I find squating from the pins very nice as it forces you to go ATG and takes away the stretch reflex.

Current goals: [Current]
    Bench: BW (80kg) [50]
    Front Squat: BW (80kg) [60]
    Deadlift: 2xBW (160kg) [120]
    Pull-up: 20 [6]
    BW: 100kg [80kg]

Front squat and deadlift I should hit by the end of the summer, the bench and pull-ups will take longer. I will post them up when I hit them.

18. Socrastein

I never wear a belt for anything. So long as the technique is good and you've gradually built up to a high intensity, your body will be able to handle itself.

It's good that you stop when you start to lose form. I only wish more people were humble enough to do that.

19. Fenrir

Fenrir New Member

12 Pullups nailed, could probably do more were I not on a bendy treebranch. Happy because my pullups suck.

20. Socrastein

Awesome job Fenrir. I bet you could do more if you had a firm grip on a small bar rather than a large open hand grip on a thick tree branch.