the official riddle thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by munkiejunkie, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

hehe sorry bro! ;)

2. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

yup.

next: this is good :)

a man has the same routine everyday:
    he gets up, gets ready, kisses his wife goodbye, takes the lift down, leaves then goes to work.
    then he gets home, takes the lift up, kisses his wife hello and gets on with his evening.

one day, he gets home, then takes the stairs. half way through the stairs he rings the undertakers and says "my wife his dead, please could you pick up her body" then he goes up the rest of the stairs, and kisses his wife, and she is indeed dead.

how did he know she was dead?

3. Hiroji

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :bang: i cant take it anymore! i cant work it out! pleeeeeese tell meeeeee :cry:

4. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

Well, you said he usually takes the lift up. Perhaps he was going back down the stairs. Of course, she could have been dead in the morning. Or their bedroom could have only been half way up the stairs (i.e. there was another floor). There are lots of possibilities.

edit: also it could have been a lucky guess. Or he could have had her killed.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  5. Hiroji

See if you can get this one, its easy really you prob seen it in a christmas cracker! i did.

a cowboy rides into a small western town on Friday. He books in a hotel for two days and two nights, but he leaves on Friday. How can this be?

heheheh its a cracker! :rolleyes:

6. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

friday is the name of his horse :)

none of your guesses are right for my riddle

7. Hiroji

yeh you got it cavallin ;)

8. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

whats the matter can no one get mine? :D

9. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

lemme think...
    a box of keys that unlock your soul...monkeys ! :D
    not too sure how monkey unlock the soul, maybe monk-eys...

10. Hiroji

a piano? or some instrument ahhhh a voice box????

11. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

thats really clever, it must be to do with music/voice. any advances on mine yet?

12. Hiroji

cavallin i just cant work yours out! its doing my head in :bang: any hints... :Angel:

13. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

ok then...work out why he didnt take the lift on his way home, he normally would! why wouldnt you take the lift?

14. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

come on man! why wouldnt you take a lift??what happens to lifts quite a bit?

15. Hiroji

right because it isnt working? was she dead on the steps? half way up?

16. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

nope. why isnt it working? then whats that got to do with his wife. im going to bed, so you have all night to guess :D see you tomorrow afternoon...

17. Hiroji

i wont sleep....

18. Hiroji

come on someone help im going mad! i get the feeling im going to feel so silly when i get the answer and cavallin going to bed is just evil! i hope you have very bad dreams ahhhhhheheheheh. im going to find a riddle that will have you chewing your feet with torment just you wait :woo: :woo:

19. Nomad Fighter

Nomad Fighter New Member

Erm, his wife died on the lift as it broke down some how and fell to the bottom floor, killing her. So when he got to the building he discovered his wife was dead, after he saw this he was shocked and upset and so simply wanted to sit down, so he took the only other available method to his home, the stairs, while doin so he notified the undertakers????? if not aint got a scooby..... :D

20. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

well done m8! its a piano

yeah i liked that one cavallin, as for yours im stumped :confused: