the official riddle thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by munkiejunkie, Sep 1, 2005.

1. t3lboy

t3lboy New Member

What runs round a garden, but never moves?

2. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

A fence.

3. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

yes :rolleyes:

next one, still pretty easy:

a man in scuba diving gear is found dead in a burned out forest, what happened?

4. Alex_JHH

Alex_JHH Cardboard Tube Samurai

While scuba diving he was picked up by one of those crazy contraptions that hang underneath the water dropping planes, and was dropped into the forest.

Do I get a cookie? :D

5. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

correct!
    next riddle:

a man falls in a cave, only to come face to face to THE REAL adam and eve from the bible. straightaway the guy sees that it is really THEM

they are dead on a slab, but their bodies are preserved.
    how does he know its THEM?!

6. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Granted, but it's a poisoned cookie. Ooops, wrong thread! :D

7. BoredNow

BoredNow Valued Member

They have no belly button (not having been formed in the womb)

8. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

correct! it took me ages to work it out! but i guess you'd already heard it huh?

next riddle:

a man is found in the middle of the desert.
    he is naked, dead, and has half a match in his hand.

you need to tell me:
    how he died, how he got to the desert, why he is naked and why he has half a match in his hand
    :D

9. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

how he died: heart attack
    How he got in the desert: he walked
    why he is naked and has half a match in his hand: he has a fetish

10. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

he was part of a the spec ops squad, they had a special mission - to seek out hostile forces in a random bit of desert, his name was bob....after finding no hostility they were stuck there for a while.

"hey lets forget this mission and crack open a few beers" said the marine commander

and so they drank on into the wee hours of the night
    bob was thinking of his wife hugging his beloved match she had given him before he left

"every time you feel lonely! take this match and think of me!" she had said

bob sure was missing her and little timmy back home... oh the open corn feilds of scarborough...

suddenly gun fire *NIII NII NII*??

but bob was in the middle of a shower, but no time! he grabbed his gun and ran outside.... but it was too late they were dead... [dun dunn]
    grief striken bob head out into the desert looking for hope of settlers to help him get back home... but it was no luck... he clutched the match tighter and tighter... with his last breath... i love you mrs bob
    *tear rolls down eye*

yes i was bored :p

11. Slindsay

He was having a shower in a plane flying overhead, the power went out so he lit a match and tried to find his way out the shower of the plane but the match ran out and he accidentally opened the door to the outside of the plane falling to his death?

12. TomB

can we have confirmation wether the match had been stuck or not?
    :D

who is going to light a match in a shower anyway!? my story is far more realistic! :p

13. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

none of your stories are close to the real thing...apart from a small detail from one of them.
    clue:
    whether the match was struck or not would not change anything to the riddle.
    next clue:
    best way to start this, is to work out how he got to the desert.
    it wasnt a plane, and he didnt walk there.

he didnt die of a heart attack, but the closest is him falling out of the plane, but not quite right.

14. Slindsay

Got it!

He was part of an expedition, they got lost and realised that they only had enough water for all but 1 of them to make it out of the dessert, they draw matches to see who will be left behind, the one who draws the broken match (Our guy) is left behind, he gives all his clothes to the others from the expedition for shade and to keep them warm at night.

15. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

you got the match bit correct : he drew the short straw, but not for the reason u stated.
    so, how did he get to the desert, ie: transport!!!
    how did he die, remember the earlier clues, he fell out of ^^^
    then why is he naked?
    he has half a match cos he drew the short straw for omething you wont find out till u get the first one ^^

16. TomB

he was hand gliding when a freak tornado blew all his clothes off

or

he fell out of heaven because the gods were playing some sort of sick match game

17. Slindsay

He was in a hot air balloon flying over the dessert.

They realised they where running out of height or wind or whatever so they lighten the load by getting naked and throwing away their clothes.

Wasnt enoughs so they drew matches, he got the short one and jumped out of the balloon falling to his death.

18. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

now why didnt you say that the first time round :D well done!

next riddle :D

a man lives on the 20th floor. he gets in the lift every morning, pushes the ground floor button and goes to work.
    then when he gets home, he goes up to the 10th floor, then walks the rest of the way!!
    why!?!?
    im off for a bit, so answer will come in a few hours im afraid :D

19. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

hes a dwarf

20. TomB

EDIT:beep IM TOO LATE :woo:

since Cavallin is gone heres one

I am a box that holds keys without locks, yet they can unlock your soul

abbreviated profanity removed, please dont use it - Anth

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2005