The New XBox 360

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by BoxBabaX, May 13, 2005.

1. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Well, its official, Micro$oft has unvielved its new system ^^, On MTV, a week before E3. check out this article: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6124293/index.html?q=1&tag=gs_xbox_topslot_click

what you all think of this? E3 is not till next thursday, so we will have to wait to see what the playstation 3 and the "Revolution" will have to offer. THhs looks pretty solid though, even though im not that sure about this Console/PC combination. Industry is moving in this direction, but will playing a FPS or RTS game on a console ever be as good as on a pc? im not sure. Unless they start throwing in Mice and Keyboards, and with 3 USB 2.0 slots, it will probably happen :rolleyes: TIME WILL TELL! :D

2. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

i do like the wireless controllers and internet stuff shown on the xbox 360 but i think the actual loook of it is a bit pants.

3. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

wow really? :eek: i thought the console design was really nice, much better than the bulky black xbox

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It's abit of a silly name if you ask me :)

As for the hardware, I don't know what to think. It sure is a powerful machine, but by the time it is released to the market, most top of the range PC's will be able to out perform it.

I remember watching a tv program featuring J.Allard making all these promises about what Microsoft have in mind with the original Xbox, and non of them were delivered. Again, today I watch J.Allard making more promises about what Microsoft are going to do, but I kind of get the feeling they're not going to deliver - But maybe im just being a kill joy.

It's about time wireless controllers appeard - whilst cool, i wonder what the battery life will be on them!

5. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

I think it looks really cool and I can't wait to play Elder Scrolls IV.

6. Topher

Topher allo!

I think they called it Xbox 360 so it's numerically equal to the PS3 (by having a '3' in the name), while 360 is a Revolution. Get it :rolleyes:

Nintendo own controllers - D-Pad, analogue stick, wireless. I'm not too sure how great there new controller is (touch screen, no A and B or D Pad :eek:), but what the best the PS4 uses touch screen.

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  7. rainbows

rainbows New Member

I've said it in other places before, but an Xbox360 placed vertically looks like a blender. :)

8. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

Wireless controllers have been around since the original Playstation...

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

But they never came as standard with the Playstation - they were 3rd party controllers.

10. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

Yukimushi: Which means that instead of "a lack of wireless controllers" being the problem, the actual problem was "a lack of effort to find them and buy them" (unless of course you couldn't afford £25-£30). And frankly, they weren't hard to find, since PSM had a product list from a company called Gameplay in every issue, which is where I got mine from.

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  11. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

don't get your hopes too high. they are going to have 1 release title and NO thats right NO back compatibility which means all your fave xbox games have to be played on an xbox and the 360 only plays 360 games. looks like this thing is gonna be a piece of crap if you ask me. wait for the PS3. that things will rule you all.

12. Topher

Topher allo!

But the point being no other big console developer actually started to use them before Nintendo. Only then do other follow suite.

13. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

not entirely true, i forget exactly how it was going to work but there is meant to be backwards compatibility for certain titles but not all of them. Basically i think you can expect really popular titles like halo 2 to be playable on your 360, but not obscure or especially old releases.

14. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

Oh My God, I Have To Get A Hold Of An Xbob 360
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Its tempting, but I think I'll just play pc games until PS3.

(btw all the pc game people, battlefield 2 comes out in june, check it out :cool: )

16. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

OH MY GOD!! FELX YOUR BRAIN AND WAIT FOR THE PS3 like Goju, myself and the intelligent market, look at all the space i can take up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

17. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

My friend who works for Xbox Europe reckons that the 360 will not be backward compatible at all as it uses a totally different laser. Microsoft could of course have a dual laser system in the 360 but that would force prices up...

18. rainbows

rainbows New Member

I'm just waiting to find out more about Revolution! Can't wait for E3 now next week. :)

19. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Who cares about backwards compatability when there aren't that many decent xbox games anyway?

Tekkengod - shockhorror that you would jump on it straight away and plug the PS3 without knowing much about either console! :rolleyes:

20. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i know more than enough about the PS3 to know thats what i'm getting first.