The new jordan peterson money spinner...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

2. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

There have been people doing this for years. Nothing new.

3. Dead_pool

I'm sure they have, just as miracle patient medicine has also been sold for decades..... However it is new for the peterson family to be pedaling such non scientific flim-flamary, maybe lobsters are also 100% carnivore so its fine for us omnivores to also do it......

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

She responded to this on her twitter. Apparently all the information on what she's done for her lifestyle and her father's is on her blog and that information is free. So essentially she's selling her time and effort to work with somebody based on ideas that are accessible for free. This is shameful how?

An all meat diet is also not a new thing, nor was it started by the Petersons.

The real shame here is you posted a buzzfeed article as a GOTCHA!.

Should I post the buzzfeed article about how people who lean left politically have a significantly higher rate of mental illness?

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I guess I kinda wonder what the advice she would give based on this meat diet would be; 'Eat more meat. No more.'

David Harrison and Dead_pool like this.
  6. Ero-Sennin

Here's a whole podcast on a guy that's pretty popular with it and the issues surrounding it. I like meat but I really don't think I could attempt this. I like a lot of different foods. I also like bowel movements that don't cause anal fissures.

7. Dead_pool

It's still promoting non science quackery, which will hurt anyone who does it for more then a few weeks.

It really doesn't make JP look any less wacky to be supporting it.

If you want to post up any studies about mental health / IQ and politics feel free!

Or were you saying anything on buzz feed is #fakenews?

8. Dead_pool

Here I've done it for you, to explain the buzzfeed article you've not posted.

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

Left wing beliefs (on average) are linked to higher IQ (on average)

People with a higher IQ are at greater risk of mental illness, study finds

And High IQ is linked to mental illness.

Which means trump is a very rare, "very stable genius", your country is very lucky........

9. Ero-Sennin

See reply to Philo for interview with a doctor (not an authority argument, more a "probably knows what to look for" statement) who promotes the idea of an all meat diet filled with different references you can look up. "Science quackery" isn't a good description here. Or just do a google search on all meat diets/carnivore diets.

You know how I feel about main stream media. I don't even consider buzzfeed news biased news. I believe it has a rightful place on the magazine rack next to the National Enquirer along with Vice.

10. Ero-Sennin

I didn't have to post the buzzfeed article. My point was it's ridiculous and irrelevant information. As per your edit, it was an easy find in a google search.

11. Dead_pool

12. Ero-Sennin

1 and 2 are discussed. 3, sure I agree, but there are probably people out there who would benefit from this just like people benefit from eating an all vegan diet. We're not all the same.

double 3 (which should be 4 >: O, confused the hell out of me), I wonder what his "failure to report to the board any adverse action taken against the licensee by a health care entity" was, and what it involved. Without that knowledge I can't really base a judgement because doctors get sued left and right whether they suck or are amazing. I also wonder the reason he mediated rather than went to litigation over the issue. You've raised a red flag, but it's not quite at the level of discrediting. Could you post the reddit if all my questions are contained within?

Dead_pool likes this.
  13. Dead_pool

The reddit page is all over the place, if you Google the link you get this video

From a very brief scan, he was flagged up during peer review, and they went through his records and found something they didn't like, it's actually super hard to get revoked in the states.

Also I hadn't realised he was a orthapedic surgeon, Id assumed his experience was in something related to gastrointestinal medicine, not pining and plating.

SWC Sifu Ben likes this.
  14. Ero-Sennin

I started watching that a few minutes before you posted it, lol. Him being an orthopedic surgeon was why I put the disclaimer ( . . . ) after the word "doctor" in my post. The only thing that signals to me is he probably has a decent understanding of how to look up information and read studies for the subject matter, and not that he's an expert in it. The only thing the podcast or any of his stuff do for me is give me the direction to look into different things. I certainly am not taking his word for anything.

SWC Sifu Ben and Dead_pool like this.
  15. Ero-Sennin

After watching his explanation I really can't get anything from it. I can't believe him at his word that his suspension went down the way he describes, but I also can't take this situation to write him off as a potentially credible source.

So in conclusion I have to base my knowledge on the experience I have with specific diets to help specific people with specific situations, the lack of knowledge most medical professions have where diet is concerned, the disconnect between health/fitness, diet, and medical care in general, and knowing that diets specific in a way that restrict you to just a few things can cause problems.

I don't think "science quackery" is an accurate term here, though. I'm more than happy to just not recommend it, and let people be guinea pigs for the sake of learning while they suffer from self imposed anal fissures due to not being able to have bowel movements. That's my real concern with this diet.

With that said, I still think buzzfeed sucks.

David Harrison likes this.
  16. Dead_pool

I saw this on Facebook recently, and thought it was quite accurate. FB_IMG_1533286249319.jpg

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

IMHO it's absolutely no coincidence that Peterson is linked to a carnivore "me man...me hunt...me kill animal" diet. Rather than some other "soy-boy" diet that would alienate his fan-base.
    I think the one truth we know about human nutrition is that humans are versatile and can survive on a very wide variety of diets and foodstuffs. From pretty much carnivorous right through to full vegan. Not all may be "optimal" or even "healthy" but there are many ways to eat reasonably well.

philosoraptor and Dead_pool like this.
  18. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Eating meat is just a lazy way of stealing other animals' vegetables.

Grow your own damn vegetables!

19. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

How about this money spinner?

Regurgitating climate change denial for his fracking paymasters, the fundamentalist Christian Wilks brothers:

Jordan B Peterson on Twitter

philosoraptor and Dead_pool like this.
  20. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Haha, I was actually talking to Ero Sennin about that very tweet. Smit I think you're on the money, Peterson has swallowed some kind of fantasy schtick whole sale and is trying to sell it. The comments on the Peterson climate change are great.

David Harrison likes this.