The Most Honest Intro Ever!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by flashlock, Mar 26, 2007.

1. winchunguy

winchunguy Valued Member

A sense of humor is a GOOD thing! Look forward to more of the same...

Original is good too... :D

2. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

I appologize. Wing Chung CAN be effective. I'm just tired of everyone mocking me (and in my opinion, unfairly). There is a lot of unnecessary patronization directed toward me because my background jumps all over the place.

Sometimes it's good to be jumping around, sometimes it's bad.

But even when I did TKD for 6 straight years and became my instructors right-hand-man, we spent a lot of time on other arts. So, I've always been ecclectic. We'd throw in Filipino elbow destructions and traps into our TKD one-steps; our stances were from JKD; we practiced using the whole body and stomp kicks and demon crushers from ninjutsu; did a lot of aikido throws and praying mantis grabs.

I think that's actually BETTER than sticking in one place for too long... but everyone is different.

I'm going to create a thread about this... enough is enough! :D

(PS: check out my thread about wingchung slam down...)

3. winchunguy

winchunguy Valued Member

no need to apologize brother, I'm sure I could learn a few things from you as well as many other MA's.I look forward to exchanging ideas. I just started training in jujiutsu about a month ago and my body's reminding me of all the past injuries, some from MA and others from my motorcycle days. Anyway, I don't really like being slammed on my back much, but I guess it's part of the learning process ( my wife keeps asking when I'm going to grow up !!!) :D

4. Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy Valued Member

Training is too hard on the shins lol. MT was developed on the battlefield. Punches are poor? If you practiced MT for a few months you sure as hell didnt sparr with any european or world champions, so you don't really know how devastating MT fighters are when it comes to boxing. Dont dish out a martial out based on your theoretical pondering.
    It looks like you've done your homework with the research, but lack some time in the ring.

Keep on posting:)

5. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

That's from my original post. I came back in this thread recently, several months after posting that, with different views on some things.

Read the whole thread, and you'll understand.

6. DiamondBack

DiamondBack New Member

Just something to think about in relation to CQB type styles.

Im sure your lethal for the street military moves and techniques work ...

So how many people you killed ??? Do you Bounce for a living ???

One problem with all CQB techniques as I understand them (from a CQB Master Instructor) is you cant use many of them "softly" .

I personally have found pepole will use these techniques - and will pay for it through the justice system.

Maybe you could POST your styles and grades so we could objectively analyse your skill set and level before jumpig to conclusions.

7. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Could you clarify?

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Here ya go - a clarificaton...

The two is bold are questions for you.
    Here's he's saying that he doesn't think any of the CQB techniques work on a softer level and if you do use said CQB techniques they'll most likely land you in jail or at least with numerous court appearances.

Here he's essentially asking you to post your history in regards to what MA you studied and what rank you obtained so that he doesn't have to judge you based on his assumption of what you've trained in and for how long and to what level of proficiency...

I thought they were all pretty clear questions. But anyhow.. there you have it.

9. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

Sometimes complete stupidity is better than a bit of intelligence.

What I want, and still want, is clarification of where he is coming from with these questions, as they don't seem to relate to the main ideas of the thread (I know you'll disagree, and I so care.)

Why don't you let him try and answer, OK, my friend.

On another note, if you like, I can burn the RAT DVD that has Vunak teaching how to check kicks with the knee. I can mail it to you if you want; it's cheap anyway, you can buy it yourself if you want to, but I'm feeling maybe you can send me something on dirty boxing in exchange.

Do let me know...

10. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

Bye

MAP people:

I have had a lot of good debates here, and many times had to re-think my ideas about the martial arts. Thanks for that to those who helped me.

In light of having such a different view of my core art than the other BJJ guys (though they seem more like MMA guys to me), and no colleagues to help me make my case for pure BJJ, I've decided never to come here or to any internet forum again. MAP is the best, so if I'm done with MAP, I'm done with forums!

I don't want to mis-represent my teacher's ideas, and when I did share them they were met with insults and attacks. Besides, I don't have many questions any more--I know BJJ is for me, and I'd rather just train it and leave the debates and arguing to people working their own stuff out.

So, thanks again for some interesting "conversations"

BJJ is the BEST! :D

11. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Bro, theres no need to never come back, its ok to train hard do your thing, let others do the same and still post on here you know.

Peace.

12. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Good luck to you. When you come back in 6 months, you can tell us all about your most recent visionquest.

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Flash - send me a PM to confirm that you are leaving and I'll set your account to "Moved On".

14. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Okies! Theeyoulata!

15. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Bye Flash. I tried to help you adjust and was even friendly to you at one stage when you went and started your silliness again. I hope you 'man up' some day and stop being such a cry baby.

I think its pretty hilarious that this happened on Slip's bday :p

16. Baichi

Baichi Valued Member

What motivates the "I'm leaving" post? Why not just leave?

One last bid for attention? :confused:

17. Yohan

I think so . . . note that he never confirmed that he was moving on. he'll be back for some more.

18. Yohan

ROFLCOPTERS!!

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

So....you turn up....chuck your views around like shuriken...everyone then disagrees with you...you get frustrated...you run away.

That about the size of it people or am I missing something?