The McDojo Sign Thread

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Chris.B, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

A sign that you might be in a McDojo

[​IMG]

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Nice One. :D

4. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

That is me at age 28. Until now, people have been tactful enough not to draw attention to my pituitary problem. *sobs uncontrollably*

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Do you think he ties his own belt?

6. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I think we're still in the yellow alert zone until they introduce him as your new instructor. :)

Could someone please help the new Sensei tie his belt, please :p

7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Could somebody please get Sensei a milk crunch bar, as we're afraid he can't reach the second shelf ;)

8. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven New Member

out of curioisty how long does it take you to get black belt in ur style... takes 15 years in the syle of WC im taking...

10. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

HOLD ON! HOLD ON!

Where did you get that picture of my Sensei?

:D

11. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

This site made me laugh so much I had to pick little bits out just to show people who weren't planning on looking any further than the link provided.

I found this to be quite amusing (under What is a Black Belt):

Is it just me, or does anyone else find a fairly straightforward set of breaks to be far from "the hardest and toughest test in the world". 52 breaks, must get them all with a minimum of 80% first time. That's one-hit breaks, with no pressure testing to speak of. Not even non-contact sparring, let alone anything heavier. They even boast at the top of that page:

This doesn't actually seem to leave much. If you take away blocks, stances, sparring and technique, you have what's often referred to as BFI, or Brute Force and Ignorance.

Finally I thought I'd leave this gem:

12. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

I just died. This is the greatest site I have ever seen...
    We used to have a news article about a woman who was going to get some "master" black belt rank in her style by performing a feat of firewalking. If I can find the article, I'll post it...priceless!

13. Olorin

Olorin New Member

wow, even their site is crap. I have to scroll side to side to read the information.

*shakes his head in amazement*

14. MuayThaiGuy

MuayThaiGuy New Member

I wanna spar him! C'mon, lemme at him!

15. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

http://ksdi.net/power.htm

Take a look at this link. It's their board breaking section.
    They look "a little"(figure of speech) off balance.
    And, I don't think any of those boards are even broken. They either look like two stacks that they kick in the middle to make dislodge. Or they just look like they're just pushing the boards out of place.

16. Omicron

Omicron is around.

I can't believe anyone could take that guy seriously after seeing his site. I don't even know where to begin...actually wait, yes I do. I'll just laugh at him.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
    That site is hilarious....I actually thought it was a joke for the first little while.

17. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

OMG there is a guy (about 3rd from bottom of page) who looks like he is doing a star jump.

And almost all of them have terrible body alignment and are off balance.

18. erikido

erikido New Member

Lmao...

I loved the white belt that was doing a spread eagle. Classic :eek:

19. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

Popular site, eh?

The site says it's "one of the most popular visited martial arts and self defense site on the internet" ... I presume they are referring to the site's popularity on MAP

20. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Sadly I'm not laughing - I bet they are making a fortune :(