The little man in (real) action

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Gray, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Boxers DO fight with locked-out knees

and here is the proof

[​IMG]

2. LordofAnime+DND

LordofAnime+DND New Member

bcullen, you should be grateful he wasn't a smart low kicker that never misses with his thrust kick. Otherwise, the instant your bodyweight was 51% on the leg he aimed for, it would shatter like hollywood glass under his kick.

3. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

[​IMG]
    By your command...

4. MadMonk108

Don't worry. It's been established that Morgan has zero MMA experience, and we're looking forward to the results of his first fight...should he be actually accepted...

[​IMG]
    Here's a thumb's up for ya, bro. Best of luck, just remember my recommendation.

Train MMA before you fight MMA.

5. MadMonk108

You are absolutely correct.

[​IMG]
    Here is a picture of Jolin Tsai. As you can see by her bent knee, she obviously could defeat a boxer, as well as be able to ward off a side kick to her knee.

6. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I'm still holding out hope that the fight will be taped and posted.

edit: anyone got odds on that?

7. MadMonk108

So am I.
    [​IMG]
    If it is, I'll do a YouTube highlight video of it, to a Jolin Tsai song.

I bet her high kicks are really good.

I'll bet you two cans of SPAM that it's not.

8. LordofAnime+DND

With people like this out in the fighting world, boxing will fade into history as an art that couldn't cut it after the inception of world tiger kai.

9. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

With a thrust kick? Are you referning to a teep or is there some other kick you are talking about?

He threw cut kicks to my thighs and shins, hurt like hell, hobbled me for a bit but my legs didn't shatter.

10. Wolf

I don't know if it's worth spam. How about two cans of this:
    [​IMG]

11. LordofAnime+DND

Text=ridiculous crap

By repeating ridiculous crap in context of your fight, I attempted to show it as being ridiculous crap thru the medium of sarcasm. A bad habit I'll have put an end to.

12. Wolf

I think it's just because you're new. People need to get aclimated to your sarcasm ;)

13. LordofAnime+DND

You're probably right, but I shouldn't be such a big girl about it when people don't. Bcullen my bad if I come off like a, well, you know, in my reply.

14. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

The probability of it being posted is in direct proportion to the probability if him being able to do any of the stuff he claims.

In other words...

pretty close to zero.

15. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

I'm bringing people with a digital cam so I'll have something to show from it. You guys are all attacking me with no real reason other than my low-kicking theories differ from your experiences. I'm a legitimate 5th level black sash in iron tiger claw kung fu. I also exceed black sash level in wing chun.

How am I not qualified to start a hybrid system? or try to spread my knowledge and teach students?

I'm not here to have shouting matches using all capital letters. Only to discuss martial arts which is my passion.

People teach martial arts with far less credentials than myself that are taken seriously by guys like you only because they are teaching a traditional system. Would you feel better if I was teaching iron tiger or wing chun? and btw the low-kicking theories I teach are the same my sifu taught me.

16. LordofAnime+DND

Under the forum rules I cannot discuss what I suspect is influencing both the perceptions and thought processes behind your posts.

17. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

I was under the impression that black was not the highest level for chinese systems... are you ranked in a hybrid japnese/chinese system? (One that uses sashes not belts, and black as highest?)

I don't disagree with the principle of low kicks. I just think you have placed an unreasonable amount of faith in their effectiveness. Like an incredibly far-fetched amount of faith in it. Like, "we're gonna off ourselves and hitch a ride on that comet" far-fetched.

when theory differs from experience... which is correct? This is basic logic!!!!

18. MadMonk108

Sorta, but not really. Mostly I'm attacking you because you're 27 with only 15 years of experience and have proclaimed yourself grandmaster.

Lineage please.

I wouldn't take anyone seriously, traditional or not, if they were 27 and calling themselves sifu or grandmaster. Nor would I train under someone who has made the claims you have. It's nothing personal.

Possibly, but not likely. I think you still have a lot to learn about MA.

That's all fine and good...in theory...reality is often a different thing.

How was your meeting with the promoter?

19. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

no, there's 9 levels of black then usually just a red sash for a grandmaster

20. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

not time yet, I have to meet him tonight at 7pm, I learned from Bill Foister who was taught by a student of a Chinese immigrant (not sure who he actually was), but Foister was also trained by Grandmaster Greenlee who is the inheritor of the style from Sing Lee.

I'm not saying hey everyone worship me, im a grandmaster.. I wanted to start and spread my hybrid style and I pretty much have to be a grandmaster to found a style. It is awkward for me to be called grandmaster as well. It's not a power trip for me, sifu or just Harold (my first name) is fine with any of my students.

For my system to be taken seriously I would have to be a grandmaster of the style, right? It has many original forms, not just an accumulation of things from other styles.

And a 5th level black sash is called a 'Master' so grandmaster isn't that big of a stretch

Last edited: May 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.