The little man in (real) action

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Gray, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

are you kidding? I can beat just about any boxer, they can't get close enough to land a punch.. After I deliver a hard thrust kick to the boxer's knee when he comes in, he won't be of much threat because his leg now bends the other way..

This will always be the result. (unless you can find a boxer with 7ft arms :)

BL also fought with the low thrust kicks to the knee if a larger opponent or certainly a boxer would come at him in a real fight. It is his practical self defense application called a stop-hit, some people call them interruptions or disruptions.

If Lee and Gene Lebell fought, Lebell would have had a broken leg or have been blinded by a finger jab to the eyes before he could get close enough. Thai fighters are generally too slow to be a threat.

2. Faxiapreta

Faxiapreta New Member

While it is theoretically possible to blow out the ACL of the knee with this kick, it is RARELY the result. I've been fighting in full contact competitions for years where people regularly do this kick and have yet to see a knee blown out by it.

How many boxers' ACL's have you taken out with this kick in fights?

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  3. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

Most martial artists fight with bent knees because these types of kicks are expected. Boxers only have a slight bend of the knee. Most full contact competitions are fought bare-footed and the fighter will hardly ever commit alot of force into it. It will be used more as a distancing tool and have more push than power. A real thrust kick that makes full-on contact with a weight bearing leg will break it and in a fight the kicker will be wearing shoes.

I've dropped three people with it, not pro boxers, just streetfights. The groin can work just as well.

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  4. Faxiapreta

Faxiapreta New Member

You've never actually done it against a boxer, but you think you can beat almost any boxer?

5. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

there is nothing different that a "top" pro boxer does with his knees than a beginning boxer.. when your legs don't work anymore I consider that being beaten.

6. Faxiapreta

Faxiapreta New Member

OK... if you say so.

BTW, how is your challenge against the BJJ camp going?

7. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

I was contacted and left my cell #, no word yet.. but I also contacted king of the cages and a san shou contact.. supposed to meet a guy this tuesday that was in one of the UFC tournaments. I don't know his name yet so we'll see how it goes, this was set up through another person that has a college class with him.. so might start training with him. Also contacted Master Mollica to see if I can get into any pro fighting.

8. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

what you have to look at is that, nearly all the great MA/instructors and fighters of his time were seeking bruce out to train, cos he was that good.Lewis,stone,norris. i have heard Norris in an interview with andrew stanton state that, he would not be able to beat bruce. Jesse glover was a seasoned streetfighter and was beaten by bruce

I have seen Dans reaction to the question at seminars and seen that smile, it is a smile of, stop asking stupid questions!!!! :bang:

9. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

"I think Bruce was the best. He was too fast, too smart, and too strong. He only weighed 140lbs, but he had a 15 inch forearm, translation, deadly power. And not just punching power, but gripping power as well. A guy with forearms that big, I'll tell you one thing he won't get over powered easily, if at all."

15 INCH FOREARM??????
    WAT THE HELL???? GIVE LINK THAT PROVES IT

but I love Bruce, he kicks everyones ass for his time, as a fighter he may not have been the best (but he certainly would have been great) but as a martial artist he is the greatest of the 20th century no doubts there I hope

10. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

20 century plus, there will never be anyone like him again, full stop!!!! :cool:

11. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Hmmmm, can you now? If so why do most MMA fights have punch Kos then? Tell ya what, enter an amater MMA contest, any MMA contest, not nec a Gracie challenge match, and see what happens. You get people who can box well in most of them!

Do you know how fast boxers can move? Could you hit their leg as they come in 100% of the time? I doubt it.

and 'Thai fighters are generally too slow to be a threat'? You live in a nice cosy world that consists of total fantasy!

12. Len

Len Valued Member

A lot of people here talk an awful lot about claiming to know the outcome of a real fight concerning Bruce Lee. Funny when he was alive no one talked about him not being the best or losing to certain people then. The minute someone said they could beat him and he found out about it, he would be in your face requesting to see it. And him being beaten would have made the news being a high profile movie/tv star.

13. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

i have sparred a highly skilled and fast boxer, who was in training for the olympics. i was able to drop/tko him with leg kicks in under a round and he never landed one punch on my face or body. however, to say that victory via leg kicks against a boxer will always be the case is ludicrous. hopefully you were joking.

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  14. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

I am entering a pro MMA cage fight may 26th, Freeze for All -Newark, Ohio.. Certainly everyone cannot take out any boxer this way because alot of people kick poorly, and I'm talking about low kicks, not high KO kicks to the head. No matter a boxer's quickness I seriously doubt there is a human being alive that can travel 8 ft or more in the time it takes me to plant a side thrust kick. Thai fighters are slow, they rely on long-range kicks, then boxing when you get closer, then in-fighting (which are most of their attacks) This is why San Shou and TKD teams eat them up.

15. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

tkd teams eating up thai teams! i need to see that.

16. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

SifuMorgan, I was reading your info. It's not everyday you see a 27 year old grandmaster. What style did you train in to get this, and who promoted you?

17. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I quite agree there might well not be but its not a matter of traveling eight foot unless you have amazingly long legs! More like two feet and a good boxer can cover that distance like lightning.

I don't know what thai fighters you've seen but they bear no relation to the fast, powerful, conditioned martial artists that I've trained with and watched fight. Long range kicks? Thai fighters throw all kinds of kicks very fast and up close they don't rely on 'boxing', knees and elbows...?

18. Wolf

Agreed. Thai fighters can be some of the fastest strikers around. I don't know what fights you're watching Morgan. As far as long range goes...MT pioneered the art of the clinch which is the epitome of close range striking.

19. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

Actually, all he really needs to do to avoid a side thrust kick is move about six inches to the left.

20. Wolf

but I thought that was teh d34dl33 unstoppable cage fighting technique?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.