The Kuk Sool Global Alliance

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Ki_Power, Mar 30, 2009.

1. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

FYI- the trick to executing the reverse palm strike (i.e. backhand strike), is to first master the standard palm break using a bottle. Then while using the exact same movement, you flip your hand over at the last second (i.e. supinate it from the pronated position).

I had to do this break for my 3rd dahn test. :p While I had been conditioning my palm rather intensely at the time, I hadn't been conditioning my entire hand. But it only hurt a little. :cry:

2. Saja

Saja Valued Member

When I did bottle breaks in demos, I actually preferred the supinated position... it allowed me to minimize damage in case of an accident. For the standing bottle position, I filled the bottle with just an inch of water to give it a just a tad of resistance at the moment of impact.

3. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

SO..about this Alliance......

4. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

it stands empty at the moment: no official leader, no fevered campaign to get all that left to join it and allow that "respectful exchange of students". there are schools under it, but a stronger campaign is in order, i think. and a leader. and certification. and a few more important things. buuuut since i'm not the leader (or anything) of the KSGA i can't do that.

the KSGA is a much less constrictive version of my originial ideas, which is actually better. lol though i still think we should all be under one banner and associate ourselves with this association (or alliance, as it were). just my thoughts.

5. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

While living at the HQ in S.F in the early 80'..I would have to go collect bottles at a local bar down the street for Master Soon Tae Yang.

Master Chae Choon Park breaking bare palms of 4x4 was just outstanding!

Master SOON WOO LEE with his one thumb breaking routine.

But,THE MOST IMPRESSIVE breaking technique that i've had the honor to witness would have to go to Master Soo Teak Lim (out of S. or N. carolina) at the time...It was a breaking of a single pencil..suspended by two pieces of paper.He broke the pencil,without tearing the paper.The most funny thing about it was..that wasn't his normal breaking routine.Till this day,I will NEVER forget that night.

RL

6. Saja

Saja Valued Member

Similar to the demo of Senior Master Lee Jung Oh. People loved it when he broke wood suspended on the ears of two young ladies :) Not to mention nailing the pieces together by palm striking a large nail (and then pulling the nail out with his teeth).

7. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

Ahhhh yes..Master Lee Jung Oh.
    Thank you Sir! for taking me back to my youth years:) when you mention Master Lee Jung Oh.Best Wishes to you.

RL

8. Saja

Saja Valued Member

Thank you Sir. Same to you.
    Rudy

9. i don't care

i don't care Valued Member

KJN bottle breaking.

10. i don't care

Spaniel's ears? (only joking):banana:

11. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

12. i don't care

Sorry

Sorry Pugil, I'm out of date with things on here, and haven't a clue who knows who or what! I didn't think you were denigrating KJN, I naively thought you'd not seen him on youtube, never mind 'real life'! I'll walk away with a humble tail between my legs. :cool: