The 'I did good thread'

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Knight_Errant, Aug 16, 2010.

1. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

yup, I was suprised I could do it with weight, but I think a lot of the issues come from balance.

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

my problem is that my ankles don't bend, so my center of gravity doesn't remain over my support foot, and i need either a very heavy counterweight, or horrible back posture to be able to do them, so far.

the video should finish uploading in about 10 or 15 minutes. as soon as it's done i'll post it in the workout thread.

3. flaming

flaming Valued Member

How are you going to improve your ankle mobility?

My ankles; or my calves are stiff as hell.

4. Fish Of Doom

currently working my tibialis anterior. calf stretching will also help most people, but i'm convinced my problem does not reside there as i tend to be a very flexible fellow, and can force my ankle into positions that should stretch the soleus (calf muscle that acts when the knee is more bent) without feeling much pull, but i can't hold the position in the air (my foot simply doesn't go, or stay there)

getting into a full squat, holding on to something, and trying to keep only my heels on the ground does wonders if i don't get bored and hold the position for a while.

i've even been able to squat with my feet parallel using a combination of this and the adductor workout from the pistols, whereas a few months back it was literally impossible to me or i'd fall backwards, even with 35 kilograms on my shoulders.

5. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

6. Fish Of Doom

interesting

my hip mobility is relatively good, although the bridge drill might help me with hip flexor tightness. regarding the ankles, i don't even feel the soleus stretch, while both of his toe stretches cause pretty bad pain on the achilles tendon and the joints of both big toes (particularly if i keep my heels together like he says in the blog post)

cheers, i'll have to give it a try later

7. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I HAVE ACHIEVED A MUSCLE UP!!!!! Haven't been able to do that since I was 17. Yay! hooray!

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Congratulations KE! That's a great achievement and I am madly jealous of you! :D

9. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

A what now?

Edit: never mind, googled it! Nice one!

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

11. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

On what I can't help but feel is a related note, my forearms are sore as hell.

12. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Nice one KE!
    Hellish effort.

I did good, I've started taking roadwork more seriously and *shock horror* I've started enjoying it!
    All it took was new earphones and getting smashed in the fourth.