The 'I did good thread'

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Knight_Errant, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i'm highly evolved

2. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

1km in rowing machine in 4min 1sec.

Don't know thats good but it was at the end of a high rep WOD (trimming down for a fight) and i was pretty done in.

Trying to set a ne PB on the bench today, I'll let you know how i do (if you don't hear from me I'm dead) I'm hoping to shift 100kg (220lbs)

3. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Managed to get up early enough this morning that I had time to cycle to work, and did it!

Up 'til now I've been trying to persuade myself to commute by bike again (after a few weeks off) but the weather, the darkness, the cold and so on has all put me off. Got the lights on, got my flourescent jacket on so no excuses about not seeing me, and managed it. I think now that I've started I'll be able to keep going again.

Lovely ride too, even in the pitch darkness and rain.

4. seiken steve

Nice one mate! Thats great to hear.
    Cycling is great for you and great fun.

i took a year and a half out of serious MA training to compete in DH mountain biking and 4X. I miss it so much but like punching people in the head more :)

Always Always Always try and beat the car beside you from the lights at least for a few meters, its great fun and gives you explosive power of the line like no other!

Update on the bench attempt. I didn't make it :( hit a sticking point about 3inch of my chest and had to use my spotter. I'm actually quite gutted I was sure I'd have it. a well got 2 reps at 90 and felt like i could have done another so that's progress at least (90 was my old PB)

5. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

I rocked my purple belt test Saturday afternoon, didnt drink too much Saturday night despite the peer pressure from my neighbors, and made it to work at 6:30 am today which means I get to leave at 2:30 this afternoon... So far I like life this week, lol....

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I helped a guy push his handicap scooter up on his trailer for him.

7. AnnaV2011

AnnaV2011 Valued Member

Not much but here goes.....

So I just stumbled on this thread and really liked it. MAP can always use and upbeat thread. About the good things in the members lives.

Ok So my "I did good" moment is actually ongoing but Im liking it..

I have two kids, one whom is Autistic, and the other almost 1 year old...and a husband(and we all know how husbands can be especially when they are into martial arts..LOL).....and I am a full time college student. I am straight A student and it seems it will stay that way.:)

I am so happy about getting this done so one day I can be a teacher and actually not be soooo poor I have to jack the dollar store....LOL ROFL:woo:

Ok so thats it...may not be with training or anything so I hope it applies, but thats my thing.

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Got my deadlift back up to just over bodyweight. Next goal is 1.5x bodyweight (hopefully before Christmas).

9. Lau

Lau 8-bit power

I've been laying off drinking during the week resulting in a weightloss of 5-6kg.'s in 6 weeks time now.

Not to mention I started taking my Wushu and Tai Chi classes at the same time :)

10. seiken steve

Best of luck!!

I've no doubt you'll manage.
    Out of curriosity are you using a belt?

11. Frodocious

No, the only thing I use to help my lifts is chalk (which I really hate the feel of on my hands, but it works and really helps with my pathetically weak grip).

12. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

No wrist straps? I like the confidence they give me AND I don't need to use chalk :cool:

13. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Valued Member

I had a hernia repair surgery three weeks ago and returned to the dojo two weeks ago. I have been doing a little bit more each class and now am nearly back to normal.

It may be a while before I'm doing wheel kicks again, but hey. Baby steps.
    :)

14. Frodocious

No wrist straps either. I want to work my grip without starting to rely on the straps. I have to use chalk anyway, because I also do stuff on my gymnastic rings, so I might as well get chalky from the start.

15. seiken steve

Props for the raw lifting.

I love it :p reminds me of when i used to climb, (happy times!)

I've just thrown away my belt, i used to use it on my work/heavy set but since I've stopped I can tell the difference.

Jelous of you having gymnastic rings like!

16. Frodocious

I suffer from a re-occurring bad back and am trying to build up my core muscles, so I'd rather be able to lift something without resorting to a belt.

The rings are great fun (pity I'm crap on them)!

17. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Well, on top of having managed to average about 20 miles cycling each day this week, and not cheating by driving to work once, I've just been asked to an interview on Monday which sounds perfect, and would let me go from a 5 mile cycle to work to an 8 miler. :)

Despite a late night last night, today's feeling pretty good.

18. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I'm now doing pistols squats all the way to the floor unassisted! Started doing them about 9 months ago, and losing the assistance was hard, so I added weight with assistance and now I can do them completely unaided, and adding weight to them now without doorframe or chair for support :)

19. Fish Of Doom

go, axel, go! be sure to post videos ASAP

20. Fish Of Doom

on a similar note, i just tried doing one holding a 5 kilo plate and COULD!!! (as opposed to before when i couldn't do one without a counterweight of at least 10 kilograms)

ZOMGWTFHAPPY

video incoming if i can repeat it