The GOOD Video Thread - No off topic posts allowed

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fudo-shin, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I like this one as it's nice to see Soke teaching kihon as well as showcasing the basics of different shihan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orcMa6RXBzA"]Ninjutsu Taijutsu - Soke Masaaki Hatsumi Kihon Happo - YouTube[/ame]

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That Tachi nagare video is good!?
    Isn't that just a nice way to get mounted and punched in the face if it goes even 1% wrong?

3. Fudo-shin

Fudo-shin Valued Member

<<That Tachi nagare video is good!?
    Isn't that just a nice way to get mounted and punched in the face if it goes even 1% wrong?>>

Thats pretty close to whoever is doing that technique, not just that demo. The ukes momentum is carrying him over after breaking kuzushi by pushing him back before throwing him to where he falls forward.

I dont think you would get mounted by performing tachi nagare any more as you would from tomoe gaeshi or kuruma gaeshi or any type of sacrifice or sutemi type throw for that matter.

Kind of hard to launch a punch when your own face is about to hit the ground from the entire weight of another person dropping you down.

Just my opinion, but comes down to the individuals execution of it I suppose.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  4. Dunc

I'd tend to agree

Duncan's doing this quite safely which is also a factor

In my (randori) experience it's important to throw their hips beyond your head, which is easiest if you grip their rib area (well skin's best) and kick his groin forwards to prevent him sinking his hips back. If you do this and keep a hold of both sides you have plenty of time if they're still going

5. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I dislike the technique for the reasons you state, but that doesn't mean the execution of the technique in the video is bad.

6. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Come on, give the guy a break, he's doing his best!:D

As everyone stated, if you do the technique correctly, there isn't much chance of getting nailed. On a couple of his examples, he did come a bit close to the other guy's head with his own, something that can be remedied by the way you jump in with both feet. It's not the easiest technique and there are a lot of henka for when it does go wrong. Kind of like sneaking out the backdoor. The key though is to have your face near his feet and base of balance, not in front of him as he falls. As was mentioned, where you grip and how you break his balance are keys.

7. Dunc

Personally I like what Duncan's doing

It is really good to see someone with a "name" in the buj working on his form and cycling through the stages of development rather than staying in his comfort zone

8. Dunc

The first picture shows the ending of the basic form - As mentioned I think, for obvious reasons, Duncan's allowing for a safer break fall rather than applying the full technique

The basic form as I understand it is for the situation when his hands are low which also makes the breakfall/posting more difficult (also you can use your forearms here)

The quality's not great, but it shows the foot positioning & the required shape of their body quite well I think

The second picture shows how the foot positioning allows for a kick in the situation when they get thier hands down (& therefore has the potential to say move to the mount). In randori I've only really tried the second approach, but it works quite well IME

Attached Files:

9. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

Here's a video with some good stuff (Hatsumi sensei, and Doron Navon doing an version of Koku) and unfortunately some bad stuff as well - but at least the bad stuff is shown by kyu-grades and not 15th dans...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb-Rem7H3Uw&list=FLqd-nVKlUJYaezCWUkT4Iug&index=1"]å¿è¡“ 武神館 - YouTube[/ame]

10. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

And here's a gem posted by a spanish gentleman who trains under Ishizuka sensei. This is the 1991 TaiKai in Malaga, and there is a lot of work done on Koku:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqf-IeMzhso"]1991.TaiKai.Málaga.Part1.Uncut.by www.hannyadojo.com - YouTube[/ame]

11. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

12. dra_uk

dra_uk Lost in Translation

If I'm not mistaken, there's a very interesting and young-looking face in that video...

Actually, I was referring to the video that Will posted, but quoted the wrong video. He knew what I meant, however! ;)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  13. dra_uk

I was actually referring to this video...

14. hatsie

15. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

I'm probably wrong or focusing on the wrong person, but are you speaking of a younger Natasha Morgan?

16. gtlaau

gtlaau Valued Member

Not sure if posted earlier in this thread or not.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAhQDz_-ZaM"]Hatsumi Bujinkan Daikomyosai 1993 - YouTube[/ame]

17. dra_uk

I'm referring to the first uke in the video - if I'm not mistaken, it's a very young-looking Kacem Zoughari.

18. hatsie

Really? I thought it was that weird French bloke who used to work in hatsumi sensei's office..... Kazoom somebody...:D

19. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

I thought we were looking for something interesting!

Like the little baby Jesus or something.

But a Bujinkan student in a Bujinkan video...

20. TomD

TomD Valued Member

Damn man, in BJK he is baby Jezus...

Tom, masked profanity isn't allowed. please remind yourself of the ToS.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013