The Git's Coronary Bypass Bypass

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by belltoller, Nov 29, 2014.

1. InkyTommy

InkyTommy Unique Like Everyone Else

I guess you could say your training is...in the bag.

[​IMG]

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

That's just ... awful :p

3. InkyTommy

Thanks! My work here is done!

4. belltoller

Hope you didn't give up your day job for that improv

5. belltoller

Back Squat (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 50kg, (5X5) 60kg

Bench Press (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 50kg, (5X5) 60kg

Dead Lift (1X8) 20kg (1X5) 50kg (5X5) 65kg

Overhead Press (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 35kg, (5X5) 50kg

Barbell Row (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 30kg, (5X5) 50kg

6. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Nice work Bubs, cardio in the bag, ring work improving, lifts going up... Aweoms!
    Does everything feel solid?

7. belltoller

old Man-boobs haven't quite turned to pecs yet :D - heavier loads? More volume? Roids?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  8. belltoller

One hour of Tai Chi in the morning. Had planned to do other, fitness oriented things today but bairn #2 had his first day game of football since he fractured his rib as well as other domestic and sundries taking their toll.

9. belltoller

Back Squat (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 50kg, (5X5) 62.5kg

Bench Press (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 50kg, (5X5) 62.5kg

Dead Lift (1X8) 20kg (1X5) 50kg (5X5) 67.5kg

Barbell Row (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 30kg, (5X5) 52.5kg

Overhead Press (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 35kg, (5X5) 52.5kg

Almost lost one on the overhead! I must've had my mind on something and startled to find 115 lbs going over my head.

Later in the evening, Lazy Sod and I did some hill intervals. 3 X 300 metres of sprints and fast walks @ a 25% gradient.

10. InkyTommy

Nice! Didn't know you started the Tai Chi class. How's that whole thing going?

11. belltoller

well...ahem...not bad - I really like it, though I think my linear approach to all things could use some fixin' to get me a bit more rounded, lol.

I like to make things way more complicated than they are so I'm caught up in what style it be but what I was told by the instructor doesn't seem to match what I'm hearing on the forum ... ahem ... let alone what family of what style and what spin-off from a family of a style...

So I go in and the instructors like [​IMG]

but I'm like [​IMG]

And the instructors like "get da funk outta here, you so funny - take a hike"

And I'm like [​IMG]

Just kiddin, of course ... its good.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  12. InkyTommy

Wait...are you telling me that...that you're The One?!

[​IMG]

Good deal!

13. belltoller

This week was found to be a no-go on the training circuit - endless domestic tasks, a never-ending project of repairing, refinishing the timber deck, etc.

I had to miss my Tai Chi class as today was my youngest son's last football game - he's made such exceptional progress in his athleticism over the past several months - I had to be there for that.

Friday was a local school holiday (for the bairns, anyroad) so I took him to a mountain about 13km from the Appalachian Trail for a hiking trip to see a beautiful water fall at its top.

The hike was quite strenuous and I was surprised how demanding it was for me cardio wise. I'd done it years before and don't think I'd broken a sweat. The leaking atrial valve may be worsening - at some point, I'm gonna have to break down and go in for another nuclear stress test.

I have days I can run, sprint - even steep hills with great ease - other days ...

I think I've heard its like that ...

I was glad to have made it to the top and have that moment.

14. belltoller

Not a lot of time today - Friday unnerved me enough to try intervals on the steep road outside our house - 300 metres sprint all-out after hard-fast walk up then down X 3 sets.

I'd expected the worse but ... it went remarkably well.

Can't figure...

Later ...

Gym Rings

Session cut very short by domestic demands

Static Holds (from Top) 3 sets @15 sec each ( are these to be done to failure? I'm not holding to failure - but unsure if I should be )

15. InkyTommy

:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Good show, Laddie! Is nae easy ta be doin' rings and intervals and sprints and all. Hoot, man! Ah just gae winded readin' yer bleedin' post!

(Hadn't done the Scottsman in a while. Felt like a good occasion to bring him back)

16. belltoller

You should've opened your eyes during your seance - I think this is what you brought back! :jester:

http://mmafightprep.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Fat-*******.jpeg

My geordie must suck bad, bad...lol cause I don't remember enough Norn Iron and its not a good one to do on a forum.

Whatever ... I'm incensed. :p

How's your cajun? Its time to switch!

I was gonna log something ... - tomorrow!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  17. InkyTommy

Yeah. I don't think it's possible to utter a complete sentence in "Norn Iron" that isn't laced with, shall we say, "colorful adjectives"?

Whelp, mah dear saint'd mudd-in-law's frum Leesyanna. So's ah gesst ah learnt a ting o' two.

But hoo boy, dat gonna be tough t'sustain!
    (or even understand!)

18. belltoller

You are right there!

ooooooooooohhh - wheee! I reh - cone yew got-cher-sef's a coon - aise, don'cha nah? Hhmmm-doggies, I beh-chu be eatin' sumz Big ole! pooz-eye, I gah-ruhn-tee

:happy::happy:

I haven't had this much fun on MAP in a while, lol. Yeah, I've known some in years past - scary, crazy people, they are. Definitely left an impression on me, as you can see. Even after all these years, I can still hear my former boss' girlfriend's -->(yeahh, nah, shee be a lil khoon-eyez her-sefs, yeah-haw) brothers talking as if they were sitting here.

No doubt, I've got some oakie hillbilly mixed up with the French Canadian Creole - but I still remember a lot.

BTW, excellent Cajun you have there. Just one thing - remember ... it not be "
    Leesyanna" - though that be mightily close, they would pronounce it something like "wheezy-anner" they run the syllables together so fast it sounds almost like "wee-zanner" - especially when they are talking amongst themselves.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  19. belltoller

Yangish Tai Chi practice on and off - 1 1/2 hours total *

Back Squat (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 50kg, (5X5) 65g

Bench Press (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 50kg, (5X5) 65kg

Dead Lift (1X8) 20kg (1X3) 50kg (1X3) 60kg (5X5) 70kg

Barbell Row (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 40kg, (5X5) 55kg

Overhead Press (1X8) 20kg, (1X5) 40kg, (5X3) 55kg

I feel fairly solid on all my lifts except for the Overhead - I warnt able to do the requisite 5X5 - which, if following the Stronglift's guidelines, I go back down to 52.5kg for the next session on this lift.

* Note to self - must see into installing appropriate mirrors in basement gym. Its very difficult practising without mirrors.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  20. InkyTommy

That's a heckuva pedigree there, 'Toller.

What's even more incredible is that you openly admit it!

Thank ya kahn-lee. 'Preesh-yate it.

Well nah dat all depent on where in da state dey's from. Mah dear saint'd mudd-in-law says it lahk I's typed it: Leez-yanner. But den, she from some litt' town in d'middow of da state dat no one's hayid of. And she done bin in Texas a might' long tahm. So's dat could might have sompin' ta do wid it.