The future of Karate

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Hiroji, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

i have to say i think the average boxer will punch harder than the karateka pound for pound simply because all he ever does is punch punch punch.

As all though, in the end it comes down to the individual in question.

2. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

arghh just accept the fact karate punches were never desighned to penetrate armour, its just stupid. its a myth and makes karate sound ultra-cool but it really is bull. why would an okinawan try and punch through armour when he could do more damadge using a hammer,knife,staff..whatever else.

unarmed striking arts are intended for fighting unarmed oponents, to defeat an opponent in armour you most certianly will have to grapple, not fantastsize about reverse punching through laquered armour.

old myths die hard i guess, this one just bugs me as its so stupid!

3. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Merciful Buddha, grant me patience.

No, a boxing right cross requires full body motion, essentially the same as a reverse punch, developing force all the way from the base to the end of the fist.

Please, go take a boxing lesson or two.

They punch from this hip in boxing, aim for a single point in boxing, use their abdominals in their punch in boxing...

Please get over the d34dly karate punch myth.

Until you can quote me physiological studies proving this to be true, it is only supposition, and flawed supposition at that.

Do you honestly think boxers don't use their hips when they punch?

Must not comment on the _ng _un...must not comment on the _ng _un...must not comment on the _ng _un...

Yeah, us mental Korean Karate people usually break pine boards. The fact that you don't know the difference between pine and bamboo just shows me you have little clue about the suppositions you're making.

And once again, OKINAWANS DID NOT USE PRIMITIVE BAMBOO ARMOR THAT NEEDED TO BE PUNCHED THROUGH!

4. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Hey, at least you guys aren't kicking people off of horses! :rolleyes: