The Describe Your Game Thread!!!!!

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by RandomTriangle, Jul 30, 2008.

1. RandomTriangle

RandomTriangle Valued Member

This is a place where everyone can post their "Go To" technique(s), combinations, transitions, strategies, goals, etc...

What you do is at the top of your post name the position, whether it's Gi, No-Gi, or MMA and what you like to do in that position.

You decide how descriptive you want to be. Being someone thorough/articulate is encouraged for simple reason that newer grapplers might see what you like to do in a certain position and want to try it out themselves.

Obviously, all questions welcome.

I will go through each position myself and describe in detail what i do. And hopefully people will follow. Now i understand it could take a while to fully write out an attack sequence. We’re in no hurry. And who knows, maybe i’ll find a new flow i’ll like and want to use!

Please keep it real. I would really like to see people's flow, and on the same note NO KNOCKING someone's game. There is nothing wrong with giving what you think is a "pointer," but please no telling someone their plan of attack from guard is “(insert insult here).”

Let's hope this works! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

2. forever young

forever young Valued Member

Ok,
    My main aim with regard to "Game" is summed up in one word......Pressure so whatever top position i find myself in i try and work on making the person under me as uncomfortable as possible.

setups, I have a sweet setup for a triangle/armbar/omoplata that i will try and hash out :D

Starting from your closed guard start going for the pendulum sweep
    [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3JghhIgmqYI[/ame]

But you grip the wrong arm ie i grip say the left leg at the knee with my right hand, normally to do the sweep you then grip the opposite sleeve but instead you grip the same side sleeve as the leg with a cross grip,

you then place your left leg on the floor tight to their leg and swing out as if going for an armbar from the guard,

now kick out/extend your right leg under their armpit using your hamstring (not adductors),

as they post (which they will have to or get swept) bring your left leg through and over their shoulder, swing back the other way ensuring your hamstring is tight against their neck........submission 1 triangle

If they try and posture you should have kept the cross grip on their sleeve so simply control the sleeve and switch for submission 2....... armbar

now for the tricky part ;) if it fails maintain grip on the sleeve and roll across your shoulders (almost as if you were trying to do a sideways rollypolly) better still here is a clip of a very similar thing but from spider guard
    [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEF_HvnBUs&feature=related[/ame]

As always its actually simpler than it sounds and is usually easy because the initial grips are not very threatening.
    Just one i like that seems to give a few options and what i like especially from this setup is its very easy to keep combining/switching attacks (infact a very good drill when broken down and drilled slowly to help noobs start combining techniques)
    Tip : you actually have to sell the sweep in order for this to work, if you dont try and sweep they wont post out far which makes it easier to bring the leg back through for the triangle which is the hard bit.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  3. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

My Game normally consists of mild panic to full out flipping out. ;)

Actually, after getting squished for ages - i'm finally getting ok at escaping sidemount:

Assuming he is lying with his legs to my right:
    Get my left forearm under opponents throat, right arm on his hip. BRIDGE like a mad thing, and turn into him (ie towards his legs) and bring my right knee up against his stomach. From there roll onto my back, free the leg and pull guard.

4. tkdbb3

tkdbb3 Valued Member

My Gi game,

From the start i try to get double wrist control and pull spider guard, if i miss usually i can get to closed guard, but from spider If they posture i try to sweep, if they spread their base i try to triangle.

From top of the guard: I posture and attempt to pass for a few seconds if it doesnt work i try to get wrist control on one arm and pass it under their back and re-grip with the other hand then try to pass again.

From bottom on guard: scissor sweep and Omoplata are my "go to" moves.

Top of side control: stay tight, keep them flat, and bug the neck while i look for an Americana or kimura.

Bottom of side control: stay on my side and take my outside leg and try to pull their inside leg over to half guard (hope that made sense)

Top of Half Guard: stay heavy on the head and look for Americana/kimura. try to pass to side control or mount.

Bottom of Half Guard: stay on my side and keep an under hook, if they dont wisser me i try to get to the back if they do i get an under hook on the free leg and try to sweep.

Bottom of Mount: Upa escape, or i will give up an arm bar and try to stack out of it.

Top of Mount: Ezekiel/Americana/Gi choke.

Rear Mount: Bow and arrow Choke

Hope that made sense