The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by doc97, Apr 11, 2008.

1. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

First off I am really looking forward to this movie. I very much enjoyed Batman Begins, not only because of a "practical" look of the way Batman was created, but also the strength of the cast with Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman (sp?), Cillian Murphey, and Morgan Freeman.

However, I heard during the prescreeing (and I don't think this is a spoiler) that the audience was very uncomfortable when there was a scene were Heath Legder as the Joker was hiding in a body bag. And a lot of the audience felt that scene needed to be removed. Do you think it should be?

They didn't take out any of the scenes where Brandon Lee was shot in The Crow, and that was how he died. Since Heath Ledger's death is so recent, I think that is probably the cause of the uproar, but I guess it depends on the storyline.

Scene removed or not, this is the movie I am looking forward to the most this summer!!!

2. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

I want to see the movie the way it was meant to be seen. They shouldn't cut anything.

3. Ahmad89

Ahmad89 Agent of Chaos

Same here. However, I hear that the Joker will say some things that will be very creepy in light of Mr. Ledger's passing.

Btw, the Joker is like my role model, so I'm definately seeing this.

4. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Which Joker? Jack Nicholson, Cesar Romaro, Mark Hamill (cartoon) or pending Heath Ledger Joker?

5. Ahmad89

Ahmad89 Agent of Chaos

The Joker in general. All Jokers, basically.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Fanboy,geekness aside...artistically they shouldnt cut out the scene (if it exists) simply for the fact of Heath Ledger's death. In fact this may be a insult to his memory if they do.

However, this is just difference of opinion. And difference of opinion is why we have test screenings.

(enter fanboy, geek Mushroom)

This is gonna be smeggin awesome!!

7. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

This is definitely going to be a must-see movie for me this summer, I thought Batman Begins was very well done and I HAVE to get one of those new Batmobiles :D

P.S. Jack Nicholson was awesome as the Joker :cool:

8. 19thlohan

Eeeww! That Batmobile was the worst thing about the movie. I hated that version.

Jack was ok as Joker, Ceasar Romero was awesome as the Joker. He was the best thing about the tv series, next to Batgirl that is.

9. Mushroom

Cesar Romero was a good Joker!

However when I was a kid I was utterly confused as to why Joker had a white moustache?!

Turns out that Cesar loved his tache so much he refused to shave it, so they painted over it with white make up.

10. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

What?! Ok so it doesn't look quite as stylish as the old skool models, but are you seriously telling me you wouldn't want to have a go at driving that thing! They actually made a working version too, it was on top gear when Batman Begins came out in cinemas.

11. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

You do realize that the Joker raped Robin the Boy Wonder don't you?
    Not so sure that I'd be wanting to idolize that. :rolleyes:

That is unless you're keen on punking down the Boy Wonder his little green underwear and elfen shoes. :D
    Holy sodomy Batman!!

(IIRC it's in one of the Batman graphic novels where they killed off Robin that Bill Sikevitch illustrated for DC)

12. Mushroom

I think I missed that one completely :eek:

When you said raped I thought for a second you meant "crushed skull with crowbar and blew up, Robin #2 Jason Todd"
    (Death in the Family...who is now not dead and has taken the Red Hood moniker? I been a bit behind due to latest Infinite Crisis)

Or when Tim Drake (Robin#3) quit and Batman made his (Robin's) girlfriend "The Spoiler" the new Robin (so far the only female Robin).
    Then I thought...that didnt happen cos she got bashed in the face by Black Mask and died.
    (where then her identity was uncovered and sparked a row on A: Child superheroes be banned? and B:Did Batman let her die so he could have Tim Drake back?)

Was that like an Elseworlds or something?

I'm so sorry I went on a bit of a tangent there

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WaIR9dAZRR0

13. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

14. Mushroom

OOOh yeah.....totally bleeding forgot about that!

I fell out with DK2, I thought it wasnt the greatest book ever. But Dark Knight Returns was excellent..in fact its only 2ft away from me.

Sounds like I need a loo break.

15. 19thlohan

Ha, I'd sooner ride in this version

[​IMG]

One more thing the old tv series got right.

[​IMG]

16. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Lmao, whoever made that deserves a medal :D

17. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

I just heard on the radio that they are not going to remove that scene.

18. 19thlohan

3cheers for rationalism.

19. Otataral

Otataral Sapientes Gladio

Sweet ride.

20. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Saw it this past weekend, all I can say is.....AWESOME!!!! Heath Ledger is absolutely incredible as the joker.