The Contender

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by funkymonk, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

anyone see Anthony own Brent last night

He destroyed him, and I don't care what the rest of the team thinks, I would've done the same

2. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

i agree with u there goju

and JKD, the show OWNS! (there :D )

3. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Yeah he destroyed him but i think he could have shown a bit more integrity. Jaimie (i think that's his name) had peaked for that fight and was let down at the last minute. It's going to be hard for him to train to reach that peak again. At the end of the day though the name of the game is winning and Anthony didn't break any rules.
    I think he will have alienated himself from ALL the other fighters though.

4. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Jimmy his name, close though.
    But yeah, he didnt brake any rules and im open minded so i partly agree. But i wouldnt have done it. I totally agreed with him right up until the point when he was complimenting Jimmy on his arms and stuff.
    That showed that he didnt step out of fighting Jimmy just because he thought he was more matched with Brent or anything (which he said earlier) but because he was scared.
    Yet you see all the other contenders picking people who they think are stronger or equally matched. Not yet have i seen somebody pick someone who was noticeably weaker.
    Ishe picked Ahmed was a perfect example.

5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'm unable to watch the monday showing of The Contender - and ive missed the past two friday repeats! Who has left since then?

6. Jamo2

Well Brent left last week, and Peter manfredo whooped somebody but for the life of me i cant remember his name.
    Check out NBCs site. All the people who have gone are coloured in grey :)

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

That Brent guy SUCKED! All he kept saying was "the lord will help me, it's the lords path blah blah". What a crock! Even at the end he was crying in the showers saying "it was the lords path" etc. Pathetic. It was obvious the other guy was gonna absolutely tear him apart, you just had to look in his eyes, they were burning! He actually had determination and desperately wanted to win, unlike Brent. As much as both camps dislike the guy now, I doubt he cares much because he is getting on with it.

8. Jamo2

Yer the lord stuff did make me sick, although i liked Brent, he seemed like a cool guy ya know.

9. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

Brent was the poorest fighter i've seen in there so far he didn't really show anything. As for all the whining from everyone else i'd say grow up everyone is in that for themselves unless they are kidding themselves on royally

10. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Exactly. They will end up fighting each other eventually, then they will realise what he was doing. They're not in it in teams, they're in it to win for themselves.

11. Jamo2

Its not what he done. Its the way he did it.
    If he simply turned around and said to them all, sorry guys i aint sticking to this plan because, basically i want to win, im here for myself not you lot yada yada yada. They all wouldve said ah ok fair enough good point. But he just turned around and surprised em.
    You know why he didnt tell them, because he had doubts in his mind and he knew they would try and talk him around.

12. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

Yeah but he did what was best for him by going about it the way he did he made sure they were all onside for the task and that way he would get the choice and not the other way round i agree not the most honourable way to go but it got the job done. I've seen worse put it that way

13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

14. Jamo2

Wow, he trains pretty hard.
    By the way, for all you other UK people. That interview contains spoilers. Dont make the same mistake i did :rolleyes:

15. Jamo2

What yall reckon. Sergio and Alfonso in the final?

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'm rooting for Alfonso :D I love mexican fighters.

17. JinkokMike

JinkokMike New Member

I love alfanso also he's ace and doesn't look all that tough but can realy pack a puch.:D

18. Jamo2

Sergios my bet. Hes great.

19. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

20. Jamo2

Haha, thanks for that, really cool.

Oh and By the way. Who wants to open up a sort of betting pool. Wait till the show ends, and before the final we all place a $5 bet on who we think would win. If the person you bet on wins, the people who bet against him, there money gets split up equally to all the people who bet on the same guy as you.
    Just to make it more exciting :cool: