The complete study of energy with Taiji!

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by red dub, Feb 21, 2022.

1. red dub

red dub New Member

Taiji is such a comprehensive study of energy it really makes you complete. I also practice Bagua and Xingyi. I learned the root of martial arts in general practicing the internal martial arts.
    There might be some external schools that teach energy completely but they probably got it from Taiji.

My practice of Silat and Escrima was very helpful in my life and study yet Taiji showed me the real root. I just can't emphasize enough how wonderful Taiji has been for me!

Mike

cloudz likes this.
  2. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I'm glad you've found your study of tai chi to be beneficial, however...

Define "comprehensive study of energy" - specifically the concept of "energy" as you interpret it.

Um, you're going to need to expand on this.

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

There are some theoretical physicists who'd like some pointers if you've completely studied energy.

4. red dub

red dub New Member

Qi is incomprehensible. Have you studied Buddhism? Taiji is everything.

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

"Comprehensive study" implies comprehension.

Botta Dritta likes this.
  6. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

Be nice...

aaradia likes this.
  7. red dub

red dub New Member

It's empty emptiness. There is no such qi as in the teaching of qi there is no such teaching as the teaching of qi thus is it known as the teaching of qi.

8. David Harrison

And that is a wonderful thing in your life?

I'm happy for you.

9. red dub

red dub New Member

Jesus said the seeds that found a good root grew vigorously and produced manifold. I study Religion. I need to read Koran again. Are you familiar with Zen? Empty Emptiness is Zen.

10. David Harrison

Cool.

old palden likes this.
  11. David Harrison

On a completely tangential note; does anyone else find it fascinating why people want others to know that they have knowledge the others don't?

It's not just spiritual and esoteric stuff, either. Remember that Lee Morrison student who felt the need to tell everyone that he teaches things none of us would ever understand?

It's a funny compulsion...

"I've got a secret, it's amazing and has changed my life."
    "What is it?"
    "You wouldn't understand."
    "...oh."

I don't know what reaction they want.

12. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

What does Buddhism have to do with Taiji?

old palden and Botta Dritta like this.
  13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The concept of empty emptiness is becoming more clear the longer this thread goes on.

old palden, cloudz, Dan Bian and 2 others like this.
  14. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Wow, this thread took a weird turn pretty quick...

I've also been enjoying doing Taiji, although I started not too long ago. I understand you must have some deep experience on spiritual level, and that's great.

But honestly, quoting stuff from different religions (that don't even have anything to do with Taiji) instead of answering or explaining your experience in your own words is a bit... well... Why?

axelb, Dan Bian, aaradia and 2 others like this.
  15. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Well, it is not incomprehensible per Traditional Chinese Medicine however it is not fully understood. The best description of Qi comes from TCM IMO;

Strong Qi you're healthy
    Weak Qi You're sick
    No Qi you're dead

[Note: That description comes from Beijing University of Traditional Chines Medicine]

Also you may be interested in Yang Jwing Ming's idea of what Qi is. Also may want to look into the research done by the World Health Organization.

As for me, it is not mystical or spiritual, our body runs on electricity, that is how muscles contract and how other systems work.... to me it is more a semantics issue that anything else.

But this is already into this discussion more than I wish. These never go well and I have had my share of Qi discussions/arguments/fights on the internet in my time and I am not interested in any more..

And I do not mean for this to be taken personally, it is just based on years of experience in these discussions. I just take issue with the whole mystification of it, generally translates to you don't understand it or you're tying to sell something.

16. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

What I really believe, having given it a whole lot of thought and countless hours of meditative contemplation, is that chocolate ice cream is my favorite.

Botta Dritta, Dan Bian and Xue Sheng like this.
  17. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

Feh! Chocolate! You don't need to uselessly meditate for hours to come to the unnegateble (is dat a werd?) conclusion that Amarena Cherry Gelato is superior in every respect to Chocolate Ice Cream. Chocolate has been so mainstreamed and dare we say it...uselessly sportified and diluted for the masses while Amarena has stayed true to its Ice Cream roots and has been field tested in countless Gelaterias over the centuries. How are you going to impress your girlfriend with your McChocolate Ice-cream? I bet they even hand out the Cone for free! At least with Amarena you have to earn your cone!

18. Xue Sheng

How unenlightened of you both..... Clio Greek Yogurt bars is the frozen treat of the well center, qi engorged, enlightened

Botta Dritta likes this.
  19. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

Ah well you see, I am already a married man. And she does not respect the chocolate ice cream either. If it doesn’t have something bizarre like pretzels and French fries in it, she won’t eat ice cream. Needless to say, I can’t respect that either. How to ruin something perfect: take ice cream and put pretzels in it.

Botta Dritta likes this.
  20. Xue Sheng

OK...now I understand....I, also being married, cannot understand why you would even bother with some flavor abomination like Butter Pecan....but my wife thinks it is the best... althoughtalking ice cream...I tend to the more meditative and centered side....vanilla

Botta Dritta and Flying Crane like this.