The Cobra Kai of the FMAs, Pekiti Tirsia (Good or Bad?)

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by IgitDako, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

Students killed? How is that going to happen lol....

U assume the people on here havent already tested their might. Just because they havent fought at PKT challenge doesnt meant the people you run down havent been tested. PKT isnt the pinnacle, they are awesome yes, but not the be all and end all. There are many organisations that test themselves. Not one PKT player has fought at the Black Eagle Society gatherings here in the UK and that is an open to anyone test. Yet you dont see us running them, or anyone else down do you....

FOOL

2. BakbakanFighter

FOOL

3. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Relax. Deep breaths. Chill. Smoke the happy tabbacky.

If you are testing yourself, ie Dogbrothers, Black Eagle, Pekiti Tirsia, you in my book belong to the best FMA has to offer. If you read all the way to the 1st page of this thread, I've stated that. :cool:

I don't understand where this Roid Range is coming from.

Relax. Be cool.

4. Janno

Janno Valued Member

It's been said numerous times during this discussion: There are already numerous groups who spar full contact, numerous tournaments for individuals to test their skills in, etc.. etc... - Graham does bring up an interesting point though: In my time, at least, i have not seen any PTK fighters attend a challenge, competition or a gathering here in the UK, all of which are open to EVERYONE. Now, does this mean that PTK only attends challenges issued on their terms, in their own backyard, managed by their own personnel?

Personally, i don't believe this is the case - it just happens to be a co-incidence (as far as the UK is concerned), and i still rate PTK highly as a combative system, despite its apparent collection of rather vocal Walter-Mittys. However, i feel it is somewhat dangerous to assume that your opponent will always engage you on your terms, on your home turf, and with you in control of the situation. Even more dangerous to assume that people who don't jump at the chance to do this are weak and cowardly, and that their relucatance to step into the lair of your masters automatically makes you top-dog just because you belong to the same system. In fact, i would say that it's attitudes like this that get people killed, rather than one's track record of attending a specific event in the PI.

5. BakbakanFighter

You assume too much, roid rage? What makes you think I do roids lol

And I am angry as you insult my brothers in FMA yet fail to tell us who you are or prove your own worth, so in my opinion you are as bad as the people you are trying to have a go at, which in turn makes you a hypocrite!

Thats what has angered me, not roids.

I pitty da fool lol

6. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Depends who attends the UK challenge matches, I suppose. It's like the minor leagues and major leagues in the US.

As for combat testing, again I refer you to my older posts and say I give it two big thumbs up.:cool::cool: (I guess there's no icon that gives two big thumbs up)

7. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

If those "brothers from another mother in FMA" are like you who combat test consistently and take roids to bulk up in preparation of combat every day, then they are good to go in my book.:cool:

But if they are the sorts with big bellies, no exercise, no coordination skills, that go all the way to the Philippines to collect all sorts of certificates from various "masters" in the Philippines (who are quick to issue certificates because to them they are only paper, not understanding that a piece of worthless paper to a Westerner can make a world of difference in the West) -OR- those who attend all sorts of seminars, collect techniques and just teach patty cake stick twirling BS w/out questioning and testing those very techniques or the thought behind these techniques/strategies, then they will endanger their students, and that to me is no bueno.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  8. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

I have just the opportunity for you to either put up or shut up.. A friend of mine who runs a FMA school in chicago is having a tourney in August.. I am posting this information for those who are interested in attending.. The organizers are having a seminar and tourney with various events to include combat knife sparring (not with real blades) with various clubs from the midwest and eastern seaboard states.. If you are interested in attending or competiting, here is your chance to stand by your words by proving your accusations about twirling sticks and instructors who are big on collecting certifications..

The Pacific Island Gathering and Tournament or P.I.G. for short is on for the weekend of August 14th and 15th. Saturday, is the seminar series and this year we already have Datu/Grandmaster Tim Hartman and Balintiwak Master Rich Parsons on the seminar list. We will also be adding some other events such as an Espada Daga division. It will be held at Midway Kodenkan 5159 S. Archer Ave. in Chicago. For more information you can go too www.Midwaykodenkan.com or PM me here on FMAtalk.

This seminar/tourney has grown substantially since I was involved with it when I was in the chicagoland area in 05-06 time frame.. I fought in the tourney in 06 and was one of the oldest competitors there..

So here is your chance and I can guarantee that you will most definitely be able to prove or disprove the training that you get in your specific style..

This is all I am going to say about this..

:woo:

9. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

1. Go get 'im mate.

2. Any respectable instructor would be offended by the fact that their student can't even talk from behind a real name.

3. I disagree...this guy has taken BS and keyboard skills to a very high level indeed.

10. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Great we'll see you there. Are any NY and Michigan Modern Arnis masters going to attend?

(Isn't this considered advertising also?):rolleyes:

11. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

And yet more ad hominems... :rolleyes:

(Is it just me, or is this guy really mad at me, but since he's not skilled in argumentation and polemics, he's flexing his keyboard white belt skills with one or two word utterances.)

12. Peter Lewis

Bwahahahahahahahaha :cool:

13. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

hehehahawhwah :cool::cool:

14. Peter Lewis

Graham (Bakbakanfighter) is correct. You are a fool but also rather amusing.

I could never be mad at a pseudonym keyboard warrior. You have clearly found your place in life and I congratulate you on your outstanding effort and achievements. Maybe you should take up Ninjitsu because that would be more suited to your 'secret' skills!

15. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

I don't know if there are going to be any modern arnis masters there from michigan or ny.. The only Modern arnis instructor I know that is going to be there is Hartman who is out of northern new york.. I am not going to be able to make this one as I am out of the states on a job currently and manning is not allowing much time for vacation at the time.. Not making excuses, but I can guarantee that you will get your chance to show what you know against other systems..

I am advertising this tourney because it is a worthwhile event, most of the money made gets donated to a charity in the chicago land and national charities.. This has been the whole concept of this tourney since it's inception and if you are froggy enough to win your division or event, I know that you will get some quality made training gear or even some live blades from blade smiths out of the Philippines.. Not sure who all is going to be there this year, but it is a good chance to release some stress or testerone by slinging sticks or knives what ever your spice of the day is..

16. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Or you can show at the next test of skills. :cool:

17. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Cool!!! Hartman is our guy! Pekiti Tirsia will definitley be there.

I was just taking a jab at the whole 'advertising' BS, since someone on here was suggesting I get banned for advertising. But I totally support these events, brother.

And happy 4th! Stay safe OCONUS! And kick ass out there.:cool:

18. Peter Lewis

Or, once you've identified yourself instead of hiding, you can travel to the UK (unless you are already here) and I am sure that you will be made very welcome by the brotherhood here.

19. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Not bloody likely. That would imply I care whether you are here or not.

I'm a big proponent of road testing your skills whether it's weapons, empty hands, or grappling.

I am merely pointing out that you're the same obnoxious troll you were several years ago. I have no idea why you got banned before nor do I care. You're still a one trick pony.

If you're going to stick around this time, let's see some video of you walking like you talk. I'm guessing that won't happen.

20. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

The pot calling the kettle black

Let's see your videos. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.