The chronic injuries thread

Discussion in 'Judo' started by Freeform, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Alright, hands up, who suffers from reoccuring injuries to a specific joint?

For me it seems to be my left knee and both ankles. I think I just have weak ankles and my knee has never been 100% since I twisted it doing cross-country running about 7/8 yrs ago.

What about you guys?

Col

2. Adam

Adam New Member

A screwed up right knee from getting heel kicked on the knee some 2 years ago and an elbow that never really recovered from getting dislocated.

3. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

*Tries to put hand up, stopped by searing agony in shoulder joint* :(

3 seperate tears of ligaments on the left ankle have done it no good. Still not recovered from the last tear (which was just coming up for a year ago now).

Also picked up strange shoulder agony last year. Just when I think it's rested enough it goes after a few pushups. :(

Very annoying.

I want to be 100% again :cry:

4. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I ve never fully recovered from a groin injury I picked up playing football about 5 years ago. Its restricted my flexibilty especially with sidekicks.

Right now I seem to be suffering with a foot injury thats been niggling for the last few months (a sprained ankle I think).

5. Freeform

And I thought only grapplers and karateka who lock out were the only MA sufferers ;)

Col

6. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

All of my injuries are non-MA related :(

1st tear - Basketball
    2nd tear - Football
    3rd tear - Paintball

Shoulder Injury - Moving flat last year, why am I always on the Top floor :woo:?

*notices thread in Judo section*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D

Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  7. Freeform

All of mine are MA related except the twisted knee.

Although I may get RSI from using MAP to much.

Col

8. Captain_Coward

Captain_Coward Ne-Waza Worm

9. Chishirou

Chishirou New Member

hey freeform, how bad was the knee injury? A couple weeks agao i twisted my right knee and pulled a ligament or something. It didn't swell or get red it just hurt a lot. So i figured it was no big deal that it was sore the next morning after icing it the night before after practice.
    well now i'm starting to worry a bit because it's been two weeks and it only seems to get stiffer every time i practice. It's mainly when it goes sideways or i kneel. I'm wondering about your injury because i'm really starting to worry that mine is going to be permanent also, even though it seems like a petty injury. It really didn't seem that bad when i twisted it and there was no swelling but it's been a while ago and it still hurts and feels stiff when i practice and i've been going easy on it!
    so anyway, how bad was yours? and do you think that this could be permanent?

10. Freeform

Knee injuries like that tend to leave a 'signature' and have an effect over the long term I'm afraid to say. YOu show get it looked at and definately look into getting physio.

Col

11. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

my shoulder and back

12. redbull

redbull New Member

messed up sholder from getting kata gruma and falling on it. left knee messed up from practising harai on a guy that discombubulates every time himsefl and got wrapped around my leg. and broken heel, pulled ligaments in foot from a failed uchimata where the guy blocked and countered with ura nage but dropped on my foot and not my back. oh and last but not least elbows are sensitive to all the arm barring from years of not tapping out in time. that concludes my list judo injuries.

13. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Left wrist. Not even from martial arts! At a JROTC camp, I was forced by my SAI to compete in the wheelbarrow race. I don't know what it is, but the left wrist hurts from time to time when it is bent forward too much or backward too much. Has been injured for about...21 months now.