The buddha's palm Technique.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Shai'tan, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Shai'tan

Shai'tan New Member

Hi peeps,

Yesterday I came across a artical about the buddha's palm technique. I have never heard of it or know how it possibly works. I looks kind of fake and the story is a bit weird but maybe you know more of this?

Here is the artical:

The buddha's palm

I hope that you can tell me more about this.

Koen

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

My knowledge of Buddha's Palm is only based on stories that I have read and old Chinese TV series I watched when I was young.
    From what I know, in Shaolin there is a technique called Buddha's Palm which consits of extremely strong strikes and pushing techniques (i think).
    The article looks more like from the TV and Movies based on the myth of Chi flow generating enough heat and pressure so their attacks are more powerful to the point where the item/person is destroyed before the hand even connects. Look out for Buddha's Laugh, Smiling Buddha and Buddha's Anger. (reference to Storm Riders, Vol 1-10 Cloud vs Monk www.comicsone.com)

Nice fx tho.

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I was interested in the article till I saw the origin. George Noory is really kind of a fringe journalist. He tends to pick subjects like UFO's, crop circles, conspiracy theories and other non-traditional subject. Take anything you read from him and his mentor, Art Bell with a huge grain of salt.

4. Shai'tan

Shai'tan New Member

I already did but well we have to stay openminded, don't we?

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Not so open your brain falls out.
    That is a very, very, dubious article.

6. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

that has got to be the fakest photo ever, the 'fire' dosn't even look real... and really wouldn't it have been good to actually take pictures of the guy breaking one of the 4" logs. If anyone can break 4" tree trunks with their bare hands I would LOVE to see pictures of that.

7. Eddy67

Eddy67 New Member

omg its teh dragonball z!!!!

8. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

to me, it seems a little questionable

9. dlink1

dlink1 New Member

if you wish to know more on the Buddhist palm technique I recommend you watch the film "kung fu hustle" it is an American kung fu fighting comedy the mentions that technique and provides the evidence on how fake the technique is

10. ned

ned Valued Member

This thread is ten years old and this is your first(necro) post !!
    An introduction is a better bet.

11. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Indeed, it can seem odd, that a first post be about something such as this

That said, welcome, dlink1, please post some more

12. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Palm strike is palm strike, it doesn't matter you use Buddha's palm or Christ's palm.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  13. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

How DOES it matter?

14. Mushroom

Soo not an American movie.
    http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0373074/

15. southernKarate

southernKarate New Member

Ive seen some pretty good breaks of tiles , wood, brick and ice and the old base ball bat on the shin, but there just a result of hand and leg conditioning and correct technique. The karate kid films have a lot to answer for i think.

16. dlink1

dlink1 New Member

I was just making a statement and I had no idea it was 10 years old.

17. dlink1

dlink1 New Member

the movie was made in America may not be about America but it being made here thus forth makes an "American" movie.

18. Mushroom

Name the American studio where the money to make the movie came from?

It got distribution from Columbia and Sony, which basically they assisted with the western promotion of the film into cinemas and DVD/Bluray retail sales.

Otherwise its Chinese money all the way. Written, Directed, Produced, Made in location, casted, choreographed, post editing work in China.
    sorry.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_Hustle

19. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I mean "it DOESN'T".