The blast double

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by icefield, May 29, 2019.

1. icefield

icefield Valued Member

The blast double leg is a great takedown for non wrestlers and sub wrestlers

1) it's near impossible To thedo this version of the double leg bent over or in a wrong position so it re inforces good mechanics for the other double leg variations
    2) head in the centre allows for a higher position which makes the sprawl as a defence harder and allows you to hit it without going to the knee on the penetration step great for those of us that are older
    3) head in the centre takes the guillotine out of the equation allowing you to go straight backwards into guard if you want to.

axelb, SWC Sifu Ben and Morik like this.
  2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

That's how I was taught in freestyle wrestling to do a double, didn't know it was called a blast double :)

recently had someone from another BJJ club doing his doubles that way, I always wondered why it was taught differently.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

We call it a Japanese double. Well, the Japanese Double is normally with a bit more of a headbutt....

axelb likes this.
  4. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

These things are killer when you land them.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Same. Straight back, forehead up and into the middle of body and drive knee past and between the legs.

I suck at that one lol! I'm more of a single leg and collar x tie guy.