The Birth of Jeet Kune Do and How it Grew Into the Ultimate Fighting System

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by ladywarrior, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Sandstorm:RS

Sandstorm:RS Valued Member

Thanks for that Hannibal and as I have just said to Pat point taken mate.

Regards

Roger

2. Sandstorm:RS

How do you start a new thread on this site??

And I don't mean sewing guys.

Regards

R

3. focused_rage

focused_rage Valued Member

did bath mat just ask why not karate??????
    omg
    ok
    well

look bathmat karate will do nothing but teach you what you could learn in a damn book,
    also it will teach you how to move awkwardly and against your body's natural movements and drag you down a b.s. pattern of ranks and point style matches with a daily repetitive drilling style of training with the same blocky movements that will only get your ass kicked in a fight

to me the only difference between sparing and fighting should be when sparing you allow your opponent to tap out in a fight you don't allow them to tap you brake that damn arm
    look for a school that embraces that also one tip when first joining a school challenge the instructor if he kicks your ass you have something you can learn from him is you win then its not worth your time

and don't ever compare the kick boxing sport to karate way way different for one a good kick boxer only stays in the pro's for 3 years before retirement do to the damage they do to there body

best of luck...

damn clown shoes....

4. focused_rage

on the top when you enter the jkd forum there is a button put the needle lol no click on new thread that will do it :)

5. Sandstorm:RS

Just for the record Bathmat and to back up "Focused Rage" above comment: I was a black belt in Yosokan Karate in 1978 got my ass kicked by two yobs and went on to study a real martial art. Now you could say that I didn't try hard enough at Karate, or that I was not good enough at it, but the truth is I was the only one three balack belts at the club which consisted of over 200 students. We used to train outside bare foot in the snow sanbon punching in Kibadachi and spar full contact with no padding what so ever.

I reiterate, Don't Choose Karate!!

regards

Roger

6. Sandstorm:RS

Much appreciated Focused Rage Thanks for that.

regards

R

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

"The greatest trick Bruce Lee ever played was convincing the world JKD doesn't exist." Or was that the Devil? :p

8. focused_rage

well in the end he did request all schools be shut down and disbanded so who knows really other than him...

9. Sandstorm:RS

Well said "Van Zandt"

regards

R

10. Sandstorm:RS

Actally Pat, I used one of those dodgy smoke bombs and he disappeard!!

Regards

R

11. ladywarrior

ladywarrior Valued Member

The August issue of Black Belt Magazine is out in stores now!!
    3 Reasons You’ll Love Black Belt’s August Issue: How Jeet Kune Do Became the Ultimate Fighting Art (Part 2)

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/daily/martial-art
    s-history/western-martial-arts-history/3-reas
    ons-you%E2%80%99ll-love-black-belt%E2%80%99s-
    august-issue/

12. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Sounding awfully adverty for Black Belt magazine

13. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

She's not a sales rep for the magazine by any chance?

Mmmm!

Beat regards

Pat

14. focused_rage

ok last week every one was all up in a fuss over the wrong representation being done in what they were calling JKD now we have real JKD certified officials doing and you guys are still complaining???

15. Sandstorm:RS

But I never said a word, Honest?

Regards

R

16. Sandstorm:RS

Ha, ha, ha, ha LOVE IT

regards

R

17. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

No ones complaining. But like the man said. It sounds more like an advert for the mag.

Best regards

Pat

18. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Oh it doesn't just SOUND like an advertisement, it IS an advertisement. I know none of you clicked the link to read the article, because if you had, you'd know that it actually was an advertisement for you to go buy the magazine that has the second part of this article in it.

So yeah, ladywarrior is an advertiser for BBM.

19. focused_rage

uh i clicked it scrolled down to the link on JKD and there was the article right there....

20. focused_rage

and ok no one is complaining sorry i took what was said wrong sorry about that.