The Best Martial Arts Movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by DAWAS, Oct 7, 2004.

1. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

If that is so why doesnt chuck go join the UFC? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Bruce would've joined the UFC if he had still been alive.

Despite his black belt in BJJ, doesn't really make him in any way superior to Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee trained in groundwork himself back in the 60's/70's so he would be a competant grappler himself :)

2. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

I'm not a fan of MA movies but Crouchin tiger hidden dragon really got me thinking.

I loved that movie.

3. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Got you thinking about what? :)

4. alex_000

Why am i not a fan of MA movies.

But then I saw a Seagal movie and i remembered :D

5. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Remembered what? :D

6. alex_000

I knew you were gonna say that :D

7. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Say what? :D

8. alex_000

:eek:

The guy is sick he lives for that sort of stuff...

MODS check out the posting time on the above threads (66&67)

:D:D

9. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

hahahah...joking mate...i know who not to joke with from now on. Sorry for disturbing you. ;)

10. alex_000

Hey mate you missunderstood me, I was joking too. (thats why there are :D:D in the end of the post) .You have no reason to be sorry.

no worries :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  11. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

sorry man...im a bit slow sorry :p

keep the jokes up then its all good :)

12. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Co-Founder of Artemis BJJ

Maybe because he's in his 60s? :rolleyes:

I must assume that you are now simply taking the p - if you're seriously interested, do some research, or you can remain blissfully ignorant citing film choreography as opposed to competition success. :bang:

13. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

listen bro forget this convo. You have your opinion and i have mine, which i stand by. ;)

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I'm with Slideyfoot on this one. Chuck Norris was a dedicated and skilled martial artist. Still is (allowing for the fact that the guy's a senior now). He conditioned, he crosstrained, and he competed against some of the best fighters of his time. That's independently verifiable. As opposed to Bruce Lee, who has about three verifiable fights I can think of: 1) placing in an amateur boxing competition, 2) the challenge match with Wong Jak Man, and 3) a dustup with some stunt guy on the set of Enter the Dragon.

You prefer Bruce Lee. That's fine. But Norris deserves props.

Stuart

15. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

you forgot the rooftop fight refereed by Wong Chun Leung!!! Although whether thats independently verifiable is another matter...

16. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I knew he got into rooftop scraps. I had forgotten (or never knew) that any of them were actually known in any detail. Wong Chun Leung, eh? Was he a wing chun guy as well? Any relation to Duncan Leung?

Stuart

17. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Bruce got into many fights leading to his mother sending him to the USA he was in trouble with the police for constant fighting.

Furthermore, if he was still alive today he could have developed alot more and would embarass most fighters including chuck norris. ;)

18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

That doesn't mean they were good opponents. Just means he had a bad rap with the cops.

Well, you put the smiley, so I'll take that in the spirit it was probably intended. Because you can't possibly believe that's a verifiable statement. :)

19. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

I don't doubt that Bruce Lee would have been a VERY capable fighter had he been alive to develop his skill today. :)

20. Barry

Barry New Member

I would have to say that my best ever martial arts movie would have to be Hero, the new jet li flick. I loved the fight scenes in that movie and the whole setting, colour, and mood of the movie really sold it for me, a masterpiece.

I really like Iron Monkey aswell, that film is cool!