The bank of England , Goldman Sachs, and the new world order

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jorvik, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

I see that that Mark carney ( formerly of Goldman Sachs is now going to be the new head of the bank of England

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20501990

"He was a surprise choice for the head of the UK's central bank and had previously ruled himself out."

Well No!! not really he used to work for Goldman Sachs..as did .Mario Draghi...............................banksters rule while sheeple sleep

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, when the Bilderberg Group launches their plan to kill 80% of the population via vaccinations for a genetically engineered and released bio attack, which will make almost everyone who takes the vaccination infertile . . . run to the hills. Vaccination is the mark of the beast! End times are upon us!

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

The greatest irony on the planet is that conspiracy theorists are all so invested in their lunacy that they look right past the real sleaze and dirt underlying society.

People wet themselves over the NWO and the Bilderberg Group and completely ignore the fact that companies like Goldman Sachs (and specifically Goldman Sachs more often than not) have played key (often enabling) roles in every major financial collapse in the modern era and yet they are permitted to exist.

Rolling Stone magazine (I think) ran a story on GS a year or so ago where they break down their involvement in crisis after crisis. And we let them exist.

4. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

well why should a member of one of the banks that caused the financial collapse be put in charge of the bank of England??

or gee is that a conspiracy:confused:

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I think his record in Canada makes him a good choice, or at least a good a choice as any, but yeah, my skin crawls whenever I see another Goldman Sachs employee being put in a position of power.

6. Ero-Sennin

They're allowed to exist because they are part of the Bilderberg's ranks! It's all part of the plan . . . . .

(By the way, I just finished watching a few Jesse Ventura "conspiracy theory" videos on youtube, as well as my internet browsing theme the last few weeks has been "obama anti-christ", "illuminati", "Reptillians and The Greys", and "NWO." Lots of Alex Jones . . . . I'm sorta' trolling)

Regardless, I do feel there is a little (way) too much play room for people in positions high up. My cynicism started in the military seeing what officers and SNCO do and get away with, and it has only branched out to the civilian side of things. It's a pretty horrible way to live if you ask me, not trusting anything for face value but I'm definitely not going around preaching the end of times is near : P.

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I agree completely, far too much play higher up, but like you say I don't think this suggests something sinister, or at least not deliberately so.

There's the hiring of mates - this really is common sense. If you're in a position to hire, or put in a good word for, a friend who needs a job you'd do it. I know I have before - even when I've had my doubts about their fit for that job on occasion if I knew they were desperate. That's just human nature, and this is where a lot of the conspiracy nonsense comes from.

The second part of it is really, really simple. Never suspect conspiracy where incompetence could be at fault. People are very, very rarely actively malicious - and certainly not on the sort of scale that conspiracy nuts bandy around. What people often are, on the other hand, is overwhelmed, under-informed, under-resourced, pressured, rushed, tired, or any of many other things that can simply lead to the wrong decision.

When you or I make a mistake it's not a big thing as the consequences are usually minor. When someone in charge of, say, a national health service slips and makes the wrong recommendation people die.

Sometimes screw-ups just happen, not because the people who caused them are evil, but simply because they're human.

The solution of course is being worked on, my own NWO is currently working on a benevolent and all knowing AI system to govern the world. What could possibly go wrong?

8. Ero-Sennin

You know, I understand that way of thinking but I can't sympathize with it. It is my opinion that if you are going into something in which the stakes are high enough to determine life and death or the welfare of others, that you shouldn't get that position just because you've been in the organization that long or you knew somebody. For me, that's total crap. I accept that it is the world we currently live in and that it happens, but it gets my blood boiling to no end. I hope I see things change dramatically in my lifetime in regards to how people attain their power/positions.

9. Ero-Sennin

My original post was to be more of a trolling comment then anything, sorry about that. I think an in depth look into the individual and what they have done in such a big organization needs to be looked at before the hammer of judgment lands your opinion.

I do agree that the fact this gent worked for this organization should certainly raise the bullcrap flag, but things like this always warrant investigation before judgment.

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Just out of curiosity... do you keep your money in a bank?:confused:

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I didn't say I sympathised with it. Just that it isn't malicious.

The problem is simple really. Who would you choose for a position like that? It's a fairly unique position to be in, and the pool of people with any experience in it is pretty limited. If none of those people want it, because they've retired, or been burned before, or simply don't want the responsibility (because they're sane) then who do you put in place?

It doesn't really matter how people attain their power or positions. Humans are simply not suited to be in that sort of position.

Hell, there are days I really hope that there is some grand conspiracy that makes sense of it all. At least that would mean that it's all being run by someone(s) competent and capable.

12. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

less and less, but I still have some

13. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Which raises the question of where you do keep it?

I've thought about trying not to use banks before, but it's quite difficult to find a company who'll still pay in cash rather than BACS transfer.

14. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Well, it comes down to what you regard as money or of value. It's not a problem getting money paid into a bank account, it is what you do with it when it accumulates. You can put it into more tangible assets like precious metals or even property.

15. Falcord

Falcord Valued Member

Or bitcoin. Bitcoin is the future!

16. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Yeah I've heard a lot about bitcoin.maybe the way forward

17. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

When you look at the people who we elect to govern us....and they then abuse that term by saying that they " are in power".doesn't it make you question??

look at this fat slob, who can't even control his own appetite
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-20516533

should we be surprised by their incompetance??

18. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Bitcoin's kinda broken after someone managed to pull off a bank job, and steal some huge amount.

Not only that but it's rather a useless currently unless people start using it widely. If someone were to offer to pay me for my services in bitcoin, I would quite happily laugh them out of the office.

Precious metals, while stable so far, won't necessarily be so in the long term future.

All we need is a single asteroid nudged into NEO and mined, and the value of precious metals would plummet as supply increased massively.

As for property, it's not really that safe an investment as the recent crashes in property prices showed.

Besides which, are you suggesting that you'd use your money to buy a property outright, or would you rely on a mortgage to be paid off over time? If it's not the former then you're still at the mercy of the banks.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  19. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

This statement reminds me of an advert I keep seeing on TV for a program about doomsday preppers. There's one English guy in the advert who clearly has no friends or life who states "If the UK lost all power, most people would be dead within a week".

Most people survived the blitz. I think we'll pull through.

The guy lined up to take over the reins of the Bank of England also headed up the Canadian central bank. And guess what? The Canadians didn't suffer the same massive banking collapse the rest of the world seemed to be hit by.

Maybe this guy knows a thing or two and deserves a chance before we hang him? Or should anybody who has previously worked for Goldman Sachs be considered evil and shot on sight? What about the doorman? Can we kill him too?

20. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Well of course - without refrigeration I have to stock my larder somehow, and people keep fairly well.

I think the best thing I've found regarding doomsday prep, was a book by (weirdly) Neil Strauss - [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emergency-This-Book-Could-Save/dp/0060898771"]Emergency: This Book Could Save Your Life: Amazon.co.uk: Neil Strauss: Books[/ame]. Not because he's a survivalist nutjob (though he does encounter plenty of those) but because of the direction the book takes as it develops, and especially the realisations to the end.

Sorry for the off-topic, but your comment about the guy with no friends saying people would be dead within a week kind of reminded me. If you've read the book you'll understand why.

Seems like a good recommendation for me.

Plus, you know, he's Canadian. I like Canadians. They get our sense of humour.

Yep, remember, anyone who's worked for any company who have done something even slightly unscrupulous must be held accountable - fully and completely - regardless of their knowledge or involvement at the time. Even if they weren't working for the company at the time that the unscrupulous behaviour occurred, we should count them as tarnished by reputation and have them put down.

And now that we've reduced the entire world's population to only those who have never had a job, the conspiracy problems should be solved.