Thank you to all...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Andy Cap, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

First I wanted to thank this site and its admins for setting up links for contributing to the tsunami relief efforts. :Angel:

More so I want to say thank you to the world community for coming together in this time of need and taking care of fellow human beings. We humans are a funny lot. We will abuse each other to no end, but when something like the tragedy of the past couple of weeks happens we remember that we are all neighbors and family on this big spinning ball. So, I have sincere gratitude for all of you that have stepped up and answered the call. :)

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Thanks AC.

If only everyone shared your sentiments. As you will know - yesterday we sent out a global email to all our members about the appeal. Here's a reply we got from one caring soul...

Miserable sod :woo:

And before you ask - no - I won't say who.

3. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Wow - that really bums me out. I have always though Martial Artists were a cut above the normal societal fabric. Either this chowder head isn't a martial artist or I was just very wrong.

I hope you removed this person's access? A bad attitude like that really should have no place here. Give money if you want, or don't but there is no reason to be like that at all.

I asked for time off from work so i could go and offer my help there ( I am a certified EMT). Work wouldn't let me go :( I work as a Network Engineer, but I am certified as an EMT for volunteer reasons.

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I used to know a bunch of guys who were in a firefighting unit that went out to help in places like that- they used to turn up to our voluntary work at the DOE to lend a hand. Sounds like a great job, to be honest.

5. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Valued Member

Good heavens, you wouldn't have thought somone could be so disgustingly callous. As soon as I'm able to (in a couple of weeks) I'll make a decent donation to the fund.

Also, to echo Andy, thank you to all!

6. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

I.e. when the student loan has gone in :D yeah I'm gonna make one then too.

7. YODA

Is that gonna make the Jan 14th deadline?

8. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Valued Member

I really hope so. I've given money to the appeal through collectors in the streets and I've been giving money to the red cross monthly for a while now which will come in handy right now (not that its not usefull to the organisaton all the time) It's not much but I like to hope that it makes some sort of a difference. I really want to make a substantial donation though.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Agreed... I wonder if that would be his/her attitude if it had been
    their family or loved one's wiped out. Sadcase.

10. Chris_sirhC

Chris_sirhC 6th Kyu, Yoshinkan Aikido

Sad doesn't even begin to describe my sentiments on that one. I mean as much as I know everyone is due their own opinions, I would have a hard time respecting anyone who made such comments.

11. tommy

tommy New Member

wow...that was failry disgusting a post.

Sounds like a self-centered, egocentric sad soul in need of some therapy.

12. Wesker

Wesker Professional Lurker

Are 'Sterling Pounds' the currency for Britain? If so, do I get to speak with a British accent for the rest of the day? (yes I donated)

13. YODA

Indeed they are my good man!

Spiffing! :D

14. domino8

domino8 New Member

My only minor niggle with the public reaction to this latest disaster is the containing trend in grief inflation.

In the UK, for example, the Government has announced that they will call for a three minute silence so people can reflect on the situation. Although it is undoubtedly a terrible disaster it hardly compares with both the World Wars which only warrant a two minute silence.

Cheers

Paul

15. tommy

tommy New Member

Perhaps we are becoming more sensitive? Is that a bad thing?